It's not even here yet

Started by hansumtoad, September 22, 2009, 12:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hansumtoad

Wife told me to go ahead and order my Christmas present which was to be a smoker.

OK...  so far so good.

Time to go exercise the 410 on some doves and teal this coming weekend.

Smoker and briquettes should be here by then.

Looking forward to all of this.

The Toad
Wishing you all the best across the miles....

OU812

Welcome to the fun of smoking.

Some bacon wrapped quail smoked for an hr with Apple then finished on the grill just enough to crisp the bacon sounds good to me.

Sorry got carred away :D

Watch out this smoking thing is addictive  ;D

Edit: Did you thank Santa  ::)

Hopefull Romantic

Welcome to the forum and listen to what OU812 said it is addictive.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Caneyscud

A 410 on dove and teal - whether or not that is an OSHA approved gas propelled bird stopping device is debatable - but whether or not it is I'm impressed.  I learned on dove on a 410 many moons ago.  Not easy!  Substitute OU812's quail for the dove breast, then you have a dish. 

BTW, welcome to the forum.  Great place for learning this Bradley thang!  I agree with the thanking.  Santa, kinda did the same for me, but Santa forgot to pay for it, and made me wait for Christmas day, before I could use it.  While it was sitting in the garage for 2 months!  Luckily, I had other smokers. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

OU812

Quote from: Caneyscud on September 22, 2009, 02:35:00 PM
A 410 on dove and teal - whether or not that is an OSHA approved gas propelled bird stopping device is debatable - but whether or not it is I'm impressed.  I learned on dove on a 410 many moons ago.  Not easy!  Substitute OU812's quail for the dove breast, then you have a dish. 

BTW, welcome to the forum.  Great place for learning this Bradley thang!  I agree with the thanking.  Santa, kinda did the same for me, but Santa forgot to pay for it, and made me wait for Christmas day, before I could use it.  While it was sitting in the garage for 2 months!  Luckily, I had other smokers. 

Holy crap I was thinking dove the whole time, what was that called " brain fart"

mikecorn.1

WElcome to the forum. Soon you will find yourself wondering aimlessly around the meat dept at the grocery strore wondering what you can smoke.  ;D
Mike

Caneyscud

Quote from: OU812 on September 22, 2009, 02:39:14 PM
Quote from: Caneyscud on September 22, 2009, 02:35:00 PM

Holy crap I was thinking dove the whole time, what was that called " brain fart"

Get a few more years on ya and then you can refer to it as a "senior moment"!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum hansumtoad!

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

classicrockgriller

welcome, ask questions, smoke alot, and show pictures. Merry Smoking!

mikeradio

ArnieM

Welcome to the forum hansumtoad.

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on September 22, 2009, 02:44:59 PM
Welcome to the forum. Soon you will find yourself wondering aimlessly around the meat dept at the grocery strore wondering what you can smoke.  ;D

I find myself doing what Mike said, above.  And yes, it is addictive.  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caribou

Welcome to the Forum Toad!
Carolyn

pkcdirect

Welcome , Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

Paul
Paul    

MES 40" w/1200 Watt Element & Window
Bradley BSS
A-MAZE-N-SMOKER