new to the forum-building a smoker

Started by rsmoker, September 23, 2009, 07:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsmoker

I've been reading the forum on smokers being built by the members and have found some excellent advice. So I joined up to say thanks. I have acquired a donut proofer of about 50 cubic feet. Purchased a Bradley smoke generator and have it installed on the proofer and it is working great. I have installed a thermostat that controls a relay which will control my heat source. I will run some tests with a small hot plate that I already have for now. I've seen blowers, finned strip heaters, PID's on the forum that I will have to check into as I continue with this project. Your help appreciated.

rsmoker

Caribou

Welcome to the forum rsmoker!
I don't have knowledge about building smokers but there are a lot of folks here that do.
Nepas recently built a beautiful smoker and I'm sure he'll be of great help.
Carolyn

Tenpoint5

I am working on one simular to yours but I am in a holding pattern at the moment. Seems the economy sucks and I don't have the money to finish it so I will wait. Nepas and Mr. Walleye are the ones with the most knowledge on these animals.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

rsmoker, welcome to the forum and was nice of you to come by and thank the ppl that have helped in some way. Just ask questions, there are some very smart people here and someone can help.

Hopefull Romantic

Welcome to the forum rsmoker.

I second all what Caribou, 10.5 and CRG have said. I am sure that both Nepas and Mr. Walleye will be visiting your thread soon and they would have lots of advices to help you complete your project. I also remember that a forum member from New Zeland who also built a monster smoker with three Bradley smoke generators installed. I will try and find you the link and post it.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum rsmoker!

There have been some really cool smokers built here.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

Welcome to the fun, keep us updated on your progress

I am also in the middle of a build but like 10.5 said its on hold.

Mr Walleye

Hi Rsmoker and welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you have a great project on the go!  ;)

I look forward to see how you progress with it and if you need anything just ask. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on the forum here that will get you pointed in the right direction.

Keep us posted on your progress and I would love to see photos too.  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

NePaSmoKer

Ditto on what everyone said. Mike (Mr Walleye) is a guru at the electronics with a smoker. Check his posts he has some fine photos of his smoker.

nepas

pkcdirect

Welcome , Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

Paul
Paul    

MES 40" w/1200 Watt Element & Window
Bradley BSS
A-MAZE-N-SMOKER