• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

BBQ on the river

Started by KyNola, September 23, 2009, 08:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Took the brisket to Cohen's and handed it to Alan and said put this in your walk-in and don't you dare open the box.  The brisket is now resting comfortably in my frig.

Just for you CRG.

classicrockgriller

HawkeyeSmokes

Nice score there Ky. And to think you have butts cooking to now! What time is dinner?  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

KyNola

CRG,
I just sliced it and vac sealed away.  I got 7 bags weighing about 2 pounds each.  That was a beast!  Man is it good.

Hawkeye, the butts in the smoker on the other thread was back over Labor Day.. About 10 pounds vac sealed and tucked away in the freezer.

KyNola

classicrockgriller

My daughter flew from Nashville to attend her wedding shower last nite and I am doing some BW/Shrimp with cheese(jack) jalapeno slice of onion, BW boneless chicken thighs the same way, Bw drummies, syracuse potatoes red lobster cheddar biscuits steamed broc,greenbeans,carrots and probably a pot of beans

KyNola

Sounds good CRG.  She sure isn't going to go hungry!

KyNola

ArnieM

Great story and the brisket looks terrific Ky.  That must have taken a huge hunk of foil and some beach towels for the FTC.  :)
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Hopefull Romantic

In simple English WOW.

Great, hope you enjoy every last morsel.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

westexasmoker

Thats a good looking brisket there Ky....Any pics of it sliced??  I think its time to do some brisket!  ;D  Cause I'm hungry now!  ;D....They did use mesquite....Right!! ::)

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

FLBentRider

Nice looking brisket, KyNola!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KyNola

Sorry WTS.  Sliced and vac packed away this morning.  Didn't think to take pics.  I think I might have had a bit of fogginess this morning. 

Unless they have started growing mesquite inside of hickory trees, I'm fairly certain that brisket was not smoked using mesquite given the pile of hickory logs I saw at that guy's smoker. :D

Tonight one of the competition teams asked me to join their team next year.  I am so in on this! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

KyNola 

classicrockgriller

KN, Congrats. Now you can get the skinny on the secrects.

deb415611

Quote from: KyNola on September 27, 2009, 05:51:51 PM

Tonight one of the competition teams asked me to join their team next year.  I am so in on this! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

KyNola 

Very cool Ky!!!! :)

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: KyNola on September 27, 2009, 05:51:51 PM

KyNola 

Geat News Ky. I guess they figured it would be better to have you on their side rather than running against them next year.  ;)

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

KyNola

We'll have to see if they remember their offer this time next year.  If they remember, I'm going to do it but it is a LOT of hard work and long hours.

KyNola