• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Cigars or no Cigars....What colour is your ash?

Started by classicrockgriller, September 27, 2009, 12:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

I've been caught in the smokin of meat and my humidor needs recharging.

Do you smoke cigars?

A certain one?

How often?

Hopefull Romantic

I do and not so often. About one every other week.

I know that it used to be difficult to find Cubans in the States when I was there, but if you can find them, they are the best. Almost any type, I love Cohebas. One of my professors in school used to smoke one great one from Honduras. The name escapes me right off the bat, but they were about 10" long. They used to draw good puffs and a good crown when I smoked them.

If I think of the name I will let you know.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

classicrockgriller

Actually.... it is Cohiba and yes they are ok...it is a long smoke

deb415611

3rensho

Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Hopefull Romantic

I dont know about you guys I think you just cant beat a good cigar and a glass of fine congac after a good smoked meal.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

NePaSmoKer

Yup. Been a cigar smoker for 20 years. Like the high end cigars compaired to the cheap machine rolled Phillys ect...

Smoke cigars 5 times a day, but never whil handling any food.

Fav are Dominican, Arturo Fuente, Free Cuba, 5 Vegas, Gurkha, NUB. Most people cant tell the difference between a real Cuban and a Dominican. Allot of the times a cigar shop (especially around high tourist areas) use a Dominican with a Faux Cuban band. So the person buys a $4-7 Dominican for $20-50 thinking its a genuine Cuban.

nepas

Payson

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on September 27, 2009, 06:30:01 AM
Most people cant tell the difference between a real Cuban and a Dominican. Allot of the times a cigar shop (especially around high tourist areas) use a Dominican with a Faux Cuban band. So the person buys a $4-7 Dominican for $20-50 thinking its a genuine Cuban.

nepas

I agree, I think there are some fine cigars coming out of the DR. I love a good cigar once in a while. Gurkha, Rocky Patel, CAO, Fuente, etc...etc... I'd smoke more if my wife allowed it!

classicrockgriller

Payson, That's why you make yourself a mancave. Mine doesn't like it either, but if she got rid of me she would have to go to work.   CRG

Payson

Quote from: classicrockgriller on September 29, 2009, 01:17:21 PM
Payson, That's why you make yourself a mancave. Mine doesn't like it either, but if she got rid of me she would have to go to work.   CRG

I hear you! Problem is we're equal bread earners so the "man cave" is the "us cave"!!  :'( I wouldn't trade her though, she puts up with the bulk of what I do!

rdevous

I always enjoyed an Onyx.  It's about 7 inches and maduro wrapped.

Ray
If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

classicrockgriller

Have anyone ever senn how they build a handwrap cigar?

squirtthecat

Quote from: classicrockgriller on September 30, 2009, 01:24:21 PM
Have anyone ever senn how they build a handwrap cigar?

If you are ever around Tampa, go to Ybor city...    Large Cuban immigrant population, and quite a few cigar shops doing it the way they learned in the 'old country'.    D@mn good food, too!

classicrockgriller

I've seen on video how they do it and they actually use three different blends of tobacco in the cigar so that as you some it and draw up the tar(nasty word) thru the rest of the cigar it isn't harsh at the very end. If I could afford it i would cut off 2/3 of the cigar and just smoke the last 1/3.   CRG

NePaSmoKer