Englishman in Austin, TX learning to Smoke the Bradley way

Started by malexia, September 29, 2009, 08:34:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

malexia

I just purchased a Bradley original smoker and I totally love it!!! personally I can't cook and have never have been good at all cooking anything but last Sunday I use my Bradley for the first time I cooked spare ribs with dry rub for 5 hours... wow just amazing!! So this Saturday I'm going to smoke brisket.. I can't wait!!!! :) Thank you Bradley!

Mr Walleye

Hi Malexia and welcome to the forum.

Congrats on your first of many great smokes!  ;)

You can't go wrong with all the information that's available here on the forum and if you run into questions or problems just ask. There's a wealth of very knowledgeable people here on the forum, all willing to share some great recipes and tips to get the job done.

Keep us posted.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

oakville smoker

All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Huntnfreak

Welcome aboard Malexia!!  Glad to hear there is another rookie on board!!  I just bought a Bradley and just started smoking for the first time also.  I started with a pork loin and I have jerky in mine at the moment.  I'm putting a brine together next so I can do some pork ribs tomorrow!  This site is great!  Everybody here is wonderful and you will find there are always different points of view to help you with your questions.  I haven't figured everything out yet on this site(have to learn how to post pictures next), but I like everything about it so far!!

classicrockgriller

Malexia, welcome to the forum. Smoking on the Bradley can be come very addictive and very rewarding.
I am a Texan also, about 4 hours to the east from you. Good luck on your Brisket and post some pictures.
We like to gaulk at pics of smoke food.   CRG

ArnieM

Welcome to the forum malexia.  As CRG said above, it definitely can become addictive.  Keep a log of what you do, at least for the first several smokes.  It can be a handy reference.  But, after a while - well - it just happens.

My son-in-laws parents are from a little ways outside of London and they're here for a couple of weeks.  I made some ABTs (Atomic Buffalo Turds) and brought them to my daughter's house this past weekend.  Surprisingly (to me) the Brits loved 'em.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

KyNola

Welcome aboard Malexia!

You're in good hands with the folks who have already responded.  Just wanted to chime in too.

KyNola

OU812

Welcome to the fun and yes this smoking thing is addictive.

Caribou

Welcome to the forum Malexia,
Glad to hear your first smoking experience was a success.
Carolyn

La Quinta

My hubby will be happy another Brit is smoking with us living in the "colonies" (as he says!!!) !! Welcome to the forum Mal  ;D

Hopefull Romantic

Welcome to the forum Malexia and to the great world of smoking.

As fellow members have indicated; smoking is addictive and not just that. It seems the more you smoke the larger your smoking doses become and the need for more "smoking toys" rises.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

pkcdirect

Welcome , Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

Paul
Paul    

MES 40" w/1200 Watt Element & Window
Bradley BSS
A-MAZE-N-SMOKER