• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Monster trailer

Started by car54, September 30, 2009, 02:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

car54

I saw this monster trailer. It was so big, from at least 150 feet away, I could barely fit it in the frame.
What does it hall?

click to enlarge

Brad

squirtthecat

I see pretty some big ones (maybe not that big) hauling the wind turbine blades to a few wind farms we have in Central and Northern, IL.   The are absolutely huge.

classicrockgriller

I wonder how many drivers does it take to drive that thing? Which way is it going?   CRG

pensrock

I was working in Ohio a few years back and they had a trailer like that in there to haul a large press out headed to another plant. They had to remove a wall to get it out of the building. It was very impressive watching the riggers do their thing. I was there overseeing the tear down and packing of some other equipment getting shipped out as well.

Hopefull Romantic

Holy moly I dont think I have ever seen anything this big before

Thanks for sharing the picture

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: squirtthecat on September 30, 2009, 02:51:15 PM

I see pretty some big ones (maybe not that big) hauling the wind turbine blades to a few wind farms we have in Central and Northern, IL.   The are absolutely huge.

I would guess it can move about anything a person wants to by looking at it!  ;D

Looks like your pretty close there Squirt. It appears it does get used for moving wind turbine components. Here's a link to a pdf that looks like the picture that car54 posted. http://www.trailking.com/pdf/contentmgmt/TK_Wind_Energy_Trailers.pdf
HawkeyeSmokes

car54

Thanks guys,

It must be used for wind turbines or other large and heavy objects as the brochure says . It was neat to see the specs on the trailer and I never thought a wind turbine would be that heavy.

Thanks, Brad

HawkeyeSmokes

And the kicker is, sounds like they use a couple extra semi tractors to push it with the heavy loads!
HawkeyeSmokes

Mr Walleye

Naaa... You guys are all wrong!

That guy was just picking up his wife after a shoe sale!

:D  :D  :D  :D  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Mr Walleye on September 30, 2009, 05:53:52 PM

A BIG ole girl or lots of shoes.  :D  :D  :D  :D  ;D   CRG

Mike

rsmoker

We had one of those come by our shop here in Vicksburg hauling a generator from one power plant to another. Each set of axles can be steered individualy. Turning a sharp curve was very interesting.  Several men were along the rig streeing the back axles. They were all in radio contact. Things went well -until a hydraulic hose burst.  Shut the road down for half a day.
Still working on turning that do-nut proofer into a smoker. Tried a 1500 watt brinkman smoker element and could only reach 150 degrees. I'll try to send some pictures next week.

Rsmoker

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: Mr Walleye on September 30, 2009, 05:53:52 PM

Mike

I would hate to pay that bill!  :D
HawkeyeSmokes

smokeitall

I saw one like that hauling "big blue", which is one of three of the worlds largest cranes.  I lived in Milwaukee, WI at the time and they had to haul in big blue to lift the roof sections onto the new Brewers stadium.  I lived a couple of blocks from the stadium back then.  If you haven't heard of the accident it was pretty bad.  We felt and heard it and walked over before any of the ambulances even showed up.  The crane itself is so big that it had a 1 million lb counter weight.

Here is a link http://www.wsws.org/articles/1999/jul1999/milw-j23.shtml  if anyone is interested.

Quarlow

They also use it to haul big equipment like the d10 cats and the really big loaders that La tourneau company make.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

car54

Smokeitall,

I remember the Big Blue accident. I live in New Berlin and that trailer is in West Allis. It is a shame about that accident. The management was in a rush to get it done in poor weather conditions (wind).

Brad