Restricted Give Away – Raptor/Guru (Competitor)

Started by Habanero Smoker, October 01, 2009, 02:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

This post may seem rather strange so let me "do some explaining" ;D. A generous friend of the forum, who wishes to remain anonymous, has donated a Raptor/Guru (Competitor model) temperature control device that can control any electric cooker or appliance up to 1,800 watts. It has never been used. It should be considered an early Thanksgiving, because it's this member's way to express his/her thanks to the people of this forum.

Not shown, but will be included in the package, is the kill plug, which is not needed for the Bradley smoker and abrasive pad to clean probes. I cut Scott Brite scouring pads into small pieces, after the abrasive pad I received with my Guru Raptor was used. With the proper accessories such as a blower and adapter door, the Competitor can be used with many models of bullet smokers, kettle and ceramic grills. Unattended it can control those types of cookers to the same low temperature ranges that you get in the Bradley.

Check out their website for more information.
The BBQ Guru Power Draft Blowers
The BBQ Guru Adapter Doors

Additional Gifts: Three anonymous members have donated bisquettes, any other items:

• 1 box, 120 Hickory Bisquettes
    1 Slightly used 4 Rack Cover
    1 Pig Tail Food Flipper
    "Both in search of a loving home."
  • 1 box 48 Apple Bisquettes
    "Can't smoke if you don't have them"
  • 1 Sterilite Show Offs Container
    "Just the right size for a 120 bisquette box."

My first thought was to have a contest, but recalling the conversation I had with this member, it seemed better to give this to someone who is currently going through some financial difficulties that has had a significant impact on your lifestyle. So many have lost there jobs and are unemployed or had to take a less paying job, or a reduction of hours. For others it may have been some sort of catastrophe, unexpected medical bills, a ballooning mortgage or something else.

Knowing that this can be a very private matter, the only way I have to limit this to those that are having difficulties is by the following system:

1) Most important truthfulness!

2) To make sure that this is limited to those who are having financial problems, you will need to identify yourself by your member name. What is considered "financial difficulties"; only you can determine that. To keep your situation as private as possible, DO NOT respond to this posting. Send me a personal message and a way for me to contact you; if you do not have an email listed in your profile.

3) Your personal message only needs to include a contact. I don't need to know your hardship, I just need your honesty. All who respond will be assigned an identifying number and that number will be either drawn from a hat, or randomly selected by a computer program.

4) The contact information is essential, because the winner will not be announced on the board, though notification that someone has been granted the gift will be announced. The winner will be notified by me, using the contact information that was sent with the PM. The donor will remain anonymous, but will be notified as to who the winner is. If the selected person cannot be contacted by the information provided, another person will be drawn. If the winner wishes to announce on the board that they won and thank the member who donated this gift; that would be great.

5) Other restrictions besides currently going through financial difficulties:
It doesn't matter where you live, but you most already be a member and your membership date has to be September 30, 2009 or earlier. Deadline for entry is October 22, 2009; at 11:59 PM; EDT.

I hope this makes sense if not if you are entering your name send me a PM for clarification. If you are not entering and see some confusion in this posting please reply to the post, so that I can address the issue.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Wildcat

Habs,

This is a wonderful idea.

Anonymous Donor - On behalf of everyone here, Thank You!
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

OU812

Mr Walleye

I have to 2nd WildCats comment!  8)

That is an awesome gesture "and" what makes this forum the best out there!  8)

Spectacular!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

BigJohnT

That just goes to show you the caliber of folks that hang their hat here. What an awesome gesture.

John

car54

HawkeyeSmokes

That is a very generous gift and will make someone very happy.It could not come at a better time than now with so many needing help! Habs, say thanks to your friend for us and a big thank you to yourself for all that you do on this forum and the recipe site.  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

iceman

Wonderful to see such a caring group on the forum. It never stops amazing me the great folks I've had the pleasure to meet here. Thank you who ever you are for coming through at the perfect time. It goes without saying that Habs and many others certainly make this a fantastic place to hang out. My hat is off to all of you.
Pat and Ann

NePaSmoKer

This is outstanding, way better than any smoked food photo. BRAVO to the silent donator of the Raptor/Guru.

Rick

La Quinta

These are some very special people on this forum...People who never cease to amaze me....(not that it matters if I'm amazed) but the generosity and caring is frankly heartwarming. (Is that a word anybody uses anymore?)

manxman

Just goes to show that there is still a lot of good in the world, to the person who donated this a big thank you for brightening the day of a lot of folks here on the forum.  :)

More importantly it will brighten the day for someone down on their luck at the moment when they learn they have won.

And to Habs ....... nice job.  :)
Manxman

Hopefull Romantic

There is nothing on my part to add. All the members who commented before me were eloquent enough to say what I wanted to say. I just want to second what each and every one of them said.

Habs and and anonymous donor... Thanks

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

deb415611

Wow,  what a generous gift and a great idea for the gifting it.    Bravo (Stealing Rick's word) to the person donating and Habs for setting it up. 

Deb

KyNola

Without a doubt this has got to be the most generous group of people with whom we have the honor of being associated.  To the donor, thank you for a very generous gesture and to Habs, thank you for handling it in such a fitting manner.

Larry & Jan

pensrock

What a wonderful idea and a big thank you to the donor. Its been said many time but this truly is like an extended family.  :)