Pictures you will only see on Bradley's Forum. Smoked Pork in Jordan

Started by Hopefull Romantic, October 02, 2009, 12:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kummok

Smart man, HR!!  SPCA hasn't much oomph up here, Palin would just want to be invited to the event, my wife however is frustrated that she didn't get a moose or caribou due to a family emergency so she's still looking for something to get in her crosshairs  ;) ;) :D

And I really do appreciate the kind offers on sending up the mini-dogs....I enjoy them to the same level I enjoy the cat....fried/smoked/broiled/grilled/etc.... ;) ;)

ArnieM

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Kummok

THAT one should come with a "Way too sick to see" warning......

Hopefull Romantic

I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Kummok on October 05, 2009, 03:42:00 PM
Smart man, HR!!  SPCA hasn't much oomph up here, Palin would just want to be invited to the event, my wife however is frustrated that she didn't get a moose or caribou due to a family emergency so she's still looking for something to get in her crosshairs  ;) ;) :D

And I really do appreciate the kind offers on sending up the mini-dogs....I enjoy them to the same level I enjoy the cat....fried/smoked/broiled/grilled/etc.... ;) ;)
If Momma is looking for something to put in the crosshairs you better not tork her off Kummok!!! If I remember right I think I heard she could castrate a gnat at a 100 yards.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: ArnieM on October 05, 2009, 12:26:45 PM
My wife had a Shih Tzu.  I considered it "almost a dog".
Aint that one of them self propelled dust mops?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 05, 2009, 07:45:36 PM
Quote from: Kummok on October 05, 2009, 03:42:00 PM
Smart man, HR!!  SPCA hasn't much oomph up here, Palin would just want to be invited to the event, my wife however is frustrated that she didn't get a moose or caribou due to a family emergency so she's still looking for something to get in her crosshairs  ;) ;) :D

If Momma is looking for something to put in the crosshairs you better not tork her off Kummok!!! If I remember right I think I heard she could castrate a gnat at a 100 yards.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOuch

HR

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 05, 2009, 07:49:32 PM
Quote from: ArnieM on October 05, 2009, 12:26:45 PM
My wife had a Shih Tzu.  I considered it "almost a dog".
Aint that one of them self propelled dust mops?

They also come in a basting mop version

HR

HawkeyeSmokes

HawkeyeSmokes

ArnieM

It did work well as a self-propelled dust mop.  When wet, well I dunno - it didn't smell all that good.

We currently have three cats.  I've trained Dobermans for obedience and guard work.  The Shih Tzu was hare to categorize.  It looked like I couldn't find my other slipper.

Sorry, I don't want to hijack the thread.  I'm going downstairs to find some of that markers makers mark stuff.
-- Arnie

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: ArnieM on October 05, 2009, 09:11:32 PM
I've trained Dobermans for obedience and guard work.  The Shih Tzu was hare to categorize.  It looked like I couldn't find my other slipper.

Sorry, I don't want to hijack the thread.  I'm going downstairs to find some of that markers makers mark stuff.

Arnie I have a doberman and I dont mean to hijack the thread either. Any good tips to make them listen to what you dont want them to do?

HR

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on October 05, 2009, 09:36:59 PM
Quote from: ArnieM on October 05, 2009, 09:11:32 PM
I've trained Dobermans for obedience and guard work.  The Shih Tzu was hare to categorize.  It looked like I couldn't find my other slipper.

Arnie I have a doberman and I dont mean to hijack the thread either. Any good tips to make them listen to what you dont want them to do?

HR

Darn, see what not sleeping a wink last night and lots of JD to go with that does. I forgot that I started this thread so how the heck I would hijack it DUH.

HR

Quarlow

Oh Arnie that was just wrong man, wrong. And Kummok you forgot "poached pooch". ;D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ArnieM

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on October 05, 2009, 09:36:59 PM

HR

Well, it's your thread, so ...

There are no 'tips' that I know of.  A Dobie can be very stubborn and even vindictive.  If it gets mad, it'll find some way to get back at you, like eating the couch.

Kind of like smoking, it takes patience and time (especially for that cheese).  It also takes consistent handling by all household members; no sneaking some brisket under the table.  My wife and I both took turns training the dogs so that both us and the dogs new what to expect from each other.  This also helps to avoid 'favorites' in a family.

Probably the hardest part right up front is getting you trained.  You have to learn how to properly handle the dog and that's not necessarily easy.

One of the best TV series on the subject that I've seen is "The Dog Whisperer".  This guy started out with Dobies and Rotties.  I don't know if the series is available in Jordan (probably not) but here's a link to his web site.  It seems to have turned into quite a business.  You might be able to find a DVD or book there to help guide you.
-- Arnie

Hopefull Romantic

Thanks for the reply Arnie. Please do resend the link please.

HR