6 rk-DBS for Birthday

Started by LindaCC, October 02, 2009, 01:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LindaCC

I have been lurking all around here for sometime....Stalking may apply...
Hubby asked what I would like for my birthday coming up next weekend. Told him I would love the 6 rk-DBS w/Maverick et 73, Bubba pucks and an assortment of bisquettes. He is ordering today!!!! Can't wait to join this fun and most informative family here on this site.

My question is: I see it is $529.00 at Walmart, not shipping if you have it shipped to the store. It is just a couple miles away. Is there any difference in models bought at different stores as opposed to ordering from Bradley or Amazon. This is quite a bit difference in price.
LindaCC

classicrockgriller

Linda, welcome to the forum and may I add you are quite the smart lady for wanting and getting  Bradley.
The quality of the bradley is same no matter where you order it. I ordered mine online at http://www.manventureoutpost.com/
or we have a forum member (yard and pools) that can help you.

classicrockgriller

PS. my 4 rack digital was 319 plus shipping (about 360)
I order my bisquettes from Wally world (120 for 39) free site to store shipping.

Hopefull Romantic

Hi there Linda and welcome to the best forum around

I have seen several on ebay for around $480 with free shipping it might be worth your while to check them out later.

Yard and Pool is also a great company and very nice folks to assist you.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

OU812

Welcome to the fun of smoking.

Thats going to be a great birthday presant, keep shopping, that price sounds kinda high.

Watch out this kind of smoking is very addictive.  ;D

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum LindaCC2!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Mr Walleye

Hi Linda... You dancin' fool!... and welcome to the forum.  :D

As the others have indicated Bradley only makes  one 6 Rack DBS. Just get busy and order it so you can get smokin'!  ;)

Good to have you and your husband aboard.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Quarlow

Hi Linda, welcome to the best bunch of people you will ever chat with. These guys will do their best to keep you on the right track.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

LindaCC

Thanks for the welcome.....All ordered now. Just can't wait for it to show up.

classicrockgriller

yep, fun time is about to start. If you have any question, just start a post and somebody will help you out. Be sure and season the Bradley before your first smoke. All that info is in the instruction book. Have you decided what the "first smoke" is to be?   CRG

LindaCC

CRG...
Thank you. I will make sure I season it as you said.... I think I will try a couple of whole chickens to start with. What is the best bisquetts for chicken? I have ordered most of the different varieties.

Hopefull Romantic

I would try pecan.

WTS would recommend Mesquite. Gotta try that some time.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

classicrockgriller

Linda, Apple or pecan would be a nice first smoke for your chicken. It wouldn't be over powering and you can adjust your smoke desire on the next run.

deb415611

Welcome Linda & Happy Birthday!

I like to do chicken with Cherry.

Deb

OU812

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 04, 2009, 11:25:33 PM
Linda, Apple or pecan would be a nice first smoke for your chicken. It wouldn't be over powering and you can adjust your smoke desire on the next run.

Mmmmmmmmmmm chicken.

I like Alder or Apple on chicken, bout 2 hr smoke will do for poultry as it will take in smoke faster than moast red meat.