Cheese & Peppers

Started by NePaSmoKer, October 05, 2009, 08:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pensrock

QuoteBRILLANT Idea pens, BRILLANT

Awww Shucks......  :) 

Got to let a few secrets out once in a while.  :)

OU812

Hey pens, checked on my jalapenos and all of them on the plant have turned red, how cool is that ?

pensrock

QuoteHey pens, checked on my jalapenos and all of them on the plant have turned red, how cool is that ?

Great, those are the perfect ones for smoking and making chipotles out of.

OU812

Quote from: pensrock on October 05, 2009, 05:00:26 PM
QuoteHey pens, checked on my jalapenos and all of them on the plant have turned red, how cool is that ?

Great, those are the perfect ones for smoking and making chipotles out of.

Thats exactly what I was thinking.
I was also thinking about wrapping in a blanky cause the nights are getting kinda cold and the plant still has allot of pods on it

NePaSmoKer

Got the Thai peppers smoked and dried. Took 3 days at 90* in my dehydrator to dry the peppers.

De stemmed ready to grind.

NOTE TO SELF!

Wear gloves next time  ;D  :D

nepas

pensrock

QuoteNOTE TO SELF!

Wear gloves next time   

nepas

Rick, I thought you knew better than that.  ;D ;D ;D

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: pensrock on October 10, 2009, 07:36:07 AM
QuoteNOTE TO SELF!

Wear gloves next time   

nepas

Rick, I thought you knew better than that.  ;D ;D ;D

Yeah you would think huh  :D

Here is the Thai all ground. WOWSERS smells hot even  ;D

Had to label the bottle. I'm thinking Thai jerky?  Even saved some seeds for next planting.

nepas

squirtthecat

Good idea on the warning label!

What's this? Paprika?   Shake shake shake...

pensrock

Thai peppers are quite spicy, would be good in the spicy beef sticks. hint.  :D

pensrock

Here are my dried and/or smoked peppers. Looks like I better do some grinding one of these days.  :)

ArnieM

I grew Thais last year.  I didn't dry or smoke the "leftovers".  I just left 'em on the window sill.  It seemed to me that they got a LOT hotter after sitting there for several months.  Do they seem to be hotter after the dehydrator?
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

pensrock

It depends on how you use them. I mean eating a pepper raw will seem hotter than if it was cooked in a stew or something. Dried I think it retains all the heat but loses moisture, which is not heat. But to try to eat a dried pepper?  I actually think the heat should pretty much stay about the same, you lose moisture during the dehydration but if you rehydrate them you are putting back moisture. But I can not say 100% either way.

ArnieM

Thanks for the info pens.  No, I didn't eat a dried one  :o  It seemed that I could chop up a few, fresh off the bush, for chili and they didn't have all that much kick.  Much later I chopped up a couple for the chili and it was HOT.  That's why I asked about fresh vs dried heat.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: ArnieM on October 10, 2009, 12:16:16 PM
I grew Thais last year.  I didn't dry or smoke the "leftovers".  I just left 'em on the window sill.  It seemed to me that they got a LOT hotter after sitting there for several months.  Do they seem to be hotter after the dehydrator?

They were smokin hot when i rubbed my eye  :o

nepas