• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Spicy Beef Sticks

Started by NePaSmoKer, October 06, 2009, 07:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

A friend of mine gave me a nice recipe for this. I wont say who they are unless its ok or he posts the recipe.

I nade this up tonight and its pretty good. Did a little tweak on it, hope he dont mind  ;D

Made the mix.

Here is the mix into the meat. Its darker because i did a tweak on it. Going in the fridge overnite so the ECA can work.

After its was mixed i hand mixed in 1 T ECA. Never grind the ECA in the meat it will ruin it. Mix it in at the end before stuffing by hand. This is what ECA looks like. Notice its texture is like small caplets.

Going to stuff and smoke tomorrow.

nepas

Caribou

Nepas,
I can see all them little pepper seeds floatin' in there...those snack sticks are going to live up to their name for sure.
I'll be staying tuned to see the finished product.
So there  ;)
Carolyn

NePaSmoKer

Got the meat stuffed into 19mm collagen.  Nice dark color, they should get darker. SSSHHHH Its a secret receipt  :D  ;D

Now hanging in the big house  ;D  Going to dry some at 130* then bumped to 150 with moist hickory smoke.

nepas

pensrock

NePaSmoKer

NePaSmoKer

Got the spicey sticks done, now blooming at room temp

Ready to cut up.

Cut into 4" sticks.

Some bites for my BIL B-Day next week.

All vac sealed ready to go to Iraq & Afghanistan

This is a good stick recipe for the beginner stick maker. I'm still waiting for the owner to give the ok to post it  ;D

The recipe is broke into a 10lb batch and 5lb batch.

nepas

smokeitall

That looks great Nepas...nice color...its just about venison snack stick season here.  Actually it is but I just didn't see any deer in the woods last weekend  :)

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: smokeitall on October 07, 2009, 06:50:27 PM
That looks great Nepas...nice color...its just about venison snack stick season here.  Actually it is but I just didn't see any deer in the woods last weekend  :)

Thanks

Do you have a bear around? we have a big 450 to 500lb black bear around lately and the deer are scattered.

nepas

Caribou

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on October 07, 2009, 07:40:38 PM
Quote from: smokeitall on October 07, 2009, 06:50:27 PM

Thanks

Do you have a bear around? we have a big 450 to 500lb black bear around lately and the deer are scattered.

nepas
Bears make nice sausage  :D
Carolyn

smokeitall

Nope no bear I think my buddy sounds a horn before I come out to scatter the deer.  It's either that or they just don't want someone shooting at them.  :D
I actually saw three but it was before shooting hours on the way out to my stand.  :(
SIA

OU812

NePa, wish your BIL a happy b day and my best wishes to every one over seas

GOD BLESS YOU ALL