• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Punishment?

Started by Caribou, October 08, 2009, 06:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caribou

A couple days ago my 7 year old daughter was watching Cartoon Network on a school morning and she was reluctant to leave the TV to get ready for school.
After warning her once to go get ready, I said "OK! That's it! I'm switching the channels so you can go get ready for school!"  and I switched the TV over to Emeril Live on the Food Network.
Instead of leaving the TV my daughter says "Cool man!  Mario Batali is cooking with Emeril!"
I guess the brainwashing is now complete!
Carolyn

squirtthecat

:D   Sounds like it backfired on you..

CSPAN might have done the trick.

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

Sounds like your 7 year old likes to cook, aint nothing wrong with that.

Switching over to the news always worked for us.

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: squirtthecat on October 08, 2009, 06:05:43 AM

:D   Sounds like it backfired on you..

CSPAN might have done the trick.

;D ;D or you could have tried PBS.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

NePaSmoKer

:D  :D :D

Thats cool

nepas

classicrockgriller

Should have turned it to Obamma, everyone is leaving his channel

Caribou

Quote from: OU812 on October 08, 2009, 06:53:42 AM
Sounds like your 7 year old likes to cook, aint nothing wrong with that.

Switching over to the news always worked for us.
She does like to cook!
She made soft tacos for us this weekend and she said she wanted to take a picture of them "plated"!  :D
Hum, wonder where she came up with that!  :D
I'm blessed with an awesome girl!
Carolyn

OU812

My daughter is on a winter diet, she tries to watch her weight when shes not playing ball and last night she cooked some cashew chicken with fried rice.
Well she tried real hard but a few steps daddy had to help. It turned out really good though.

Caribou

Quote from: OU812 on October 08, 2009, 08:37:05 AM
My daughter is on a winter diet, she tries to watch her weight when shes not playing ball and last night she cooked some cashew chicken with fried rice.
Well she tried real hard but a few steps daddy had to help. It turned out really good though.
That's great OU812!
Yes, I have to step in too esp. when she might  hurt herself or break something  :D
Carolyn

classicrockgriller

I wish I would have had a desire to learn to cook at an early age. All the great food I have eaten at family reunions, church "dinner on the grounds", and even. funerals and like the forum, most people like to share. My coconut meringue pie I like, I got the recipe from an 81 year old woman. I brought the stuff to her house
and we made 3 pies that day. She was a sweet heart. Carolyn, teach her well.   CRG

Caribou

Thanks CGR,
So true, I wish I was into cooking when I was younger, too.
My mom wouldn't let any of near the kitchen.   :'(
Emma and I are baking a Dutch apple and a pecan pies tonight for my hubby to take to elk camp.
She's so excited!
Carolyn

ArnieM

Carolyn, I think you might have some competition coming up.  How about a mother-daughter throw down?

I did learn to cook at an early age, out of necessity - http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=11573.0
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Huntnfreak

I know the feeling about wishing I had learned to cook when I was younger.  When I was in school I was too busy playing sports and hunting to care about anything else.  After school I went right into my career and became engulfed in it.  I never made the time to learn how to cook.  I started doing some cooking about 4 years ago.  I was 28-29 at the time.  Unfortunately that was about the time my mother passed away.  She was young at the time too and I felt like I would always get a chance to ask her questions later on in my life.  She made a lot of great food in her time.  The worst part is most of the reciepes were in her head.  I managed to get a few of them before she died, but most of the receipes are gone forever.  I miss her and her receipes!

ArnieM

Please accept my condolence Huntnfreak.  I came along when my mother was 45.  My father wanted to name me "Mistake".  My mother died at 54 so I never did get into cooking with her.  It's when my father started cooking that the need to learn to cook arose. ;)
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.