Chicken dinner

Started by OU812, October 12, 2009, 05:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Daughter wanted some pink chicken for sun dinner so I whipped up a quick and easy brine.
1 gal water 1/2 cup Morton kosher salt, 3 oz cure #1, 3 oz dark brown sugar in the fridge for 10 hr. Rinse and pat dry, then in front of the fan for the pellicle.
In the smoker with 2 hr apple cabnet temp 250 F and 4 hr later. Walla

Wile I was doing other stuff the daughter made some of the red lobster biskets with smoked mild cheddar and some green bean casserole with some smoked colby. With some of daddy's help.

Dinner time

KyNola

Looks really good.  I know you love cooking with your daughter.  I'll bet that is a lot of fun.

KyNola

OU812

Quote from: KyNola on October 12, 2009, 07:12:33 AM
Looks really good.  I know you love cooking with your daughter.  I'll bet that is a lot of fun.

KyNola

Thanks and yes its fun to teach her to cook we try to do it every sun. Some of the times when she has questions she calls me on the cell rather than going out side to find me. She says it faster to call than try to find me.

MAK DADDY

Some of the times when she has questions she calls me on the cell rather than going out side to find me. She says it faster to call than try to find me.

Kids these day's, they can text faster than I can speak!
WWW.MAKGRILLS.COM
NOW YOU'RE SMOKIN'

ArnieM

The chicken dinner looks good.

Both of my daughters can cook quite well.  I'm not sure why they keep calling me with questions like "How do you hard boil an egg?"
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

smokeitall

That looks great OU...
SIA

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: OU812 on October 12, 2009, 05:48:30 AM
Daughter wanted some pink chicken for sun dinner.

I was thinking what the heck is a sun dinner. I was thinking more sun than Sunday... Duh I hate taking a siesta in the afternoon.

OU812, every thing looks great and it is marvelous that you are cooking with your daughter.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

OU812

Quote from: MAK DADDY on October 12, 2009, 09:40:21 AM
Kids these day's, they can text faster than I can speak!

Ain't that the truth, she carries on 3 or 4 conversations at one time and can answer them faster than I can even dial the phone, and this new language they have for texting just blows me away.

Arnie, my daughter can cook stuff if it comes in a box. I'm just trying to teach her outside the box, :D the other day she called me to ask what is a green onion after I told her she found some in the fridge then the next call was how do you cut them, after I LMAO I told her AGAIN.

MAK DADDY

Arnie, my daughter can cook stuff if it comes in a box. I'm just trying to teach her outside the box, :D the other day she called me to ask what is a green onion after I told her she found some in the fridge then the next call was how do you cut them, after I LMAO I told her AGAIN.

See your cacthing on! LOL.
WWW.MAKGRILLS.COM
NOW YOU'RE SMOKIN'

OU812

Quote from: MAK DADDY on October 12, 2009, 10:07:30 AM

See your cacthing on! LOL.

Yep thats about all I know.

I hate it when a friend stops by and I'm not there and she calls me to say your BFF stopped by. Yes I said calls, I DONT TEXT ! 

monty

winner winner chicken dinner  ;D

never thought about drying chicken to get a pellicle...ill have to try that. thanks for sharing OU812.
Bradley Original Smoker BT1S1
Auber PID WS-1200CPH
Traeger Lil' Tex BBQ070
Char-Broil Big Easy Infrared Fryer 10101480
Napoleon Ultra Chef UP405RB

OU812

Quote from: monty on October 12, 2009, 10:31:02 AM
winner winner chicken dinner  ;D

never thought about drying chicken to get a pellicle...ill have to try that. thanks for sharing OU812.

Kinda helps make the skin a little more crisp, along with brushing with a little real butter after the smoke time.

ArnieM

I never thought of going for a pellicle either.  I'm going to give that a try on the next bird.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.