2nd Smoke

Started by DjSaneR, October 12, 2009, 06:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DjSaneR

Decided to do a 6lb pork shoulder yesterday.  It was my 2nd time using my 6 rack.. Actually my 2nd time smoking anything!  About 9 hours later it came out delicious! I used mesquite bisquettes. Here's the before and after pix.. Terrible picture quality, sorry.  I'll post pix of the 1st smoke when my cousin uploads them.

Before

After

Cheers!
Bradley 6 Rack Digital
Weber Genesis S320
Weber Performer

KyNola

Way to go!  You are now officially hooked.  Reel him in boys! ;)

KyNola

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Tenpoint5

Looks Great Good Job.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caneyscud

Great job DJ.  Looks really good.  Wish I had some of that for lunch today, especially because I know lunch will likely be rabbit food.

Before you go off bragging and telling everyone how simple it is - remember the Bradley Pledge.

Remember Loose Lips Sink Ships!

Raise your right hand, step on your left toe, close both eyes and read after me

We pledge, under the penalty of having our Bradley melt into nothingness, never to tell our OR especially anyone else's adoring and admiring family and friends, the SECRET (the ease) of Bradley Smoking.  We further Pledge to use our Bradleys as often as possible so as to never let our family and friends be without smoked delicacies.  There are just some things that should not be smoked and until we find out what they are, we Pledge to smoke everything we can catch, wrap in bacon, and fit into our Bradleys.

Now go about you merry day, but let that little thing in the back of your mind - that little nagging thing called a conscience take over before you utter any word about how easy this is too any rug rats or wife's of the female persuasion, or anybody else except us and anybody you are trying to convert to a Bradley Smoker!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Hopefull Romantic

CS, I am going to have that pledge printed out on nice paper and framed where every one CANT see.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

DjSaneR

Thanks, all!  Appreciate the compliments.  :)
CS, very well said.  I'll have to memorize that  8).  I seriously doubt I'd be able to turn out quality smoked foods like this without the Bradley... But like you said, people don't need to know that, hehe.
Cheers!
Bradley 6 Rack Digital
Weber Genesis S320
Weber Performer

joerom

Very nice smoke,and now you are hooked!
                                                   Joe.

classicrockgriller

DJ, awesome. You will be teaching everyone you know real soon, after you get tired of them eating off you.

You young guys learn too quick.

watchdog56

DJ you better be careful or you will get hooked. I wonder if they have support groups for this? LOL  ;D   :D  ;) ;)

OU812

Looks good DJ and I look forward to seeing the picts of your first smoke.

Be very carefull this type of smoking is very addictive.

smokeitall

Talk about being hooked, wait till you start making sausage  :)  Nice lookin grub there DJ
SIA

Caneyscud

Quote from: watchdog56 on October 13, 2009, 04:18:32 PM
DJ you better be careful or you will get hooked. I wonder if they have support groups for this? LOL  ;D   :D  ;) ;)

Uuuuhhhhhh---eeeerrrrrrr-------hhhhhhhmmmmmmm  I just can't think of one reason to want a support group ---- nope not a reason!  We are our own support group!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

LindaCC

I'm a newbie too... have not done a pork butt yet. I must put that on my list... Looks fabulous. Great Job.