1st Smoke

Started by DjSaneR, October 13, 2009, 10:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DjSaneR

Here's some pics of my 1st smoke.  I forgot to take pics of the finished product because I was so excited to eat. Also, smoking for 5+ hours called for some heavy beer consumption so I was pretty lit up, too. Alright enough excuses, I just forgot.  Cheers!!

7 - Slabs of baby backs (2 of which I grilled for an appetizer to hold people over)
5 - Bacon wrapped chicken cordon bleu's
2 - Sausages
1 - Rack unused.. I'm glad I bought the 6 rack. It has PLENTY of room!
0 - Money left in my bank account, hehe.  Money well spent for good times with family and friends.

Bradley 6 Rack Digital
Weber Genesis S320
Weber Performer

FLBentRider

That looks great DjSaneR!

How did they like the food ?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

DjSaneR

They loved it! The red ribs 2nd from the bottom rack were a bit spicy for some, but the ones on top of those I just mopped with a sweet sauce. The bacon wrapped chicken cordon bleu was out of control! Deep smokey flavor stuck to the bacon like glue.  It was the biggest hit.
Bradley 6 Rack Digital
Weber Genesis S320
Weber Performer

Tenpoint5

Looks great DJ
How did the ribs turn out smoking everything together like that?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

DjSaneR

Everything came out good and not tasting like it's neighbors, (which I was worried about).  When I mopped I was careful not to over-do it to not drop on the racks below. 
Bradley 6 Rack Digital
Weber Genesis S320
Weber Performer

classicrockgriller

That looks like a meal for a king. Try the reg pork ribs (more bang for you buck $6/$2) They are great on the Bradley. Some like to st louis stlye before cooking, I just smokem and trim the small ends for tastees (I do cut the top bone off the top)

watchdog56

Very nice job. You will find this site to be very helpful.

OU812

VERRY nice DJ I bet every one is still talking about the feast you through down that night.

I see you got your old smoker ready with a wheelbarrow full of wood ready to feed that old boy.

joerom

Real nice looking meal you got there.Smoking with the Bradley usually becomes an obsession.
                                                                   Joe.

DjSaneR

Quote from: OU812 on October 13, 2009, 04:35:31 PM
I see you got your old smoker ready with a wheelbarrow full of wood ready to feed that old boy.

Actually that's a firepit I slapped together for some warmth.  I've gone through 3 store bought firepits in 3 years and am sick of shelling out $100+ each time.  I figured I have access to empty barrels, and have a welder.  Up here in Connecticut it's already hitting the 30's at night.

Thanks guys! Look forward to sharing smoking experiences with you all!
Bradley 6 Rack Digital
Weber Genesis S320
Weber Performer

OU812

Quote from: DjSaneR on October 15, 2009, 10:52:43 AM
Quote from: OU812 on October 13, 2009, 04:35:31 PM

Actually that's a firepit I slapped together for some warmth.  I've gone through 3 store bought firepits in 3 years and am sick of shelling out $100+ each time.  I figured I have access to empty barrels, and have a welder.  Up here in Connecticut it's already hitting the 30's at night.

Thanks guys! Look forward to sharing smoking experiences with you all!

An old combine rim works pretty dam good for me.
Kinda red neck but what the heck, looks good next to the camo painted camper.

LindaCC

WOW!!!! that's a Bradley full for the 1st smoke. Looks amazing.

Hopefull Romantic

That is one heck of a first smoke.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.