• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Snack stick problem.........

Started by gbad, October 19, 2009, 11:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbad

Hi guys.......my snack sticks come out to soft.......I smoked em till IT is 152.......I use a 80-20 pork to beef ratio...................what am I doing wrong???? Do they need to sit in fridge for a while??.....they look fine but just to soft as they they are not ready. Thanks in advance.

G

watchdog56

I don't know if this would help but I was told I needed to bloom mine. After sitting a few days my casing looked like it was separating. Did nothing to taste or texture but just looked different. To bloom I was told after smoking to put under cold water to cool off sausage. I am sure someone with more experience will be by soon.

OU812

If you used 80% pork and 20% beef I would have to say you have to much pork for it to firm up. You might try it the other way around, I have played around with the amount of pork in a snack stick and the more pork in it the softer the finished product turned out.

NePaSmoKer

I second what OU is saying.

Try 80% beef to 20% pork.

nepas

gbad

thats great guys..........whats the best but of beef you recommend.....thanks again in advance

OU812

Quote from: gbad on October 19, 2009, 12:45:50 PM
thats great guys..........whats the best but of beef you recommend.....thanks again in advance

???

If you are asking whats the best cut of beef, I would say Chuck