• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

lowcountry breakfast, screaming for 'smoke'

Started by squirtthecat, October 20, 2009, 07:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

Braised beef in creole gravy w/ a poached egg over cheesy grits...

(no, I didn't make it, this is what I ate this morning)   But imagine the possibilities w/ some leftover brisket and smoked cheese?!?!?!

classicrockgriller

Looks good squirt. What was the creole gravy?

monty

looks good squirt - love the color of that gravy
Bradley Original Smoker BT1S1
Auber PID WS-1200CPH
Traeger Lil' Tex BBQ070
Char-Broil Big Easy Infrared Fryer 10101480
Napoleon Ultra Chef UP405RB

Ka Honu

Looks like a Low Country version of Grillades & Grits. Mmmmm....

pensrock

Looks great. I'm not much of a grits eater, but that looks so good I'd eat it and enjoy it!

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: pensrock on October 20, 2009, 08:24:57 PM
Looks great. I'm not much of a grits eater, but that looks so good I'd eat it and enjoy it!

I am not a grits eater. But your breakfast is making me want to try them again.

HR

Wait just a minute, smoked grits??? HUH, wasn't you who smoked the spices in coffee filters squirt? Where the heck is the switch to turn that smoking bulb over my head off? :-\
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

squirtthecat

Quote from: Ka Honu on October 20, 2009, 07:46:13 PM
Looks like a Low Country version of Grillades & Grits. Mmmmm....

Ka Honu nailed it!

http://neworleanscuisine.blogspot.com/2005/05/new-orleans-cuisine-grillades-and.html

It was awesome.  The creole 'gravy' soaked into the grits, so it was almost like a breakfast stew.  In fact, they gave me a soup spoon to eat it with..

Caneyscud

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on October 21, 2009, 02:07:16 AM
Quote from: pensrock on October 20, 2009, 08:24:57 PM

I am not a grits eater. But your breakfast is making me want to try them again.

Don't eat grits!  That's downright un-uhmerican! 
Squirt - That looks just plain good.  Sometimes I think I wonder if I was born in the wrong place - so much of what I eat from low-country recipes is so tasty.  I can't tell you how many tons of shrimp I have eaten in the past that were cooked in a low country shrimp boil!  With the price of shrimp around here I don't do it as often.

Wife and daughter have requested Shrimp-'n-grits for this weekend.  Got some good looking Texas Gulf Pinks at the store last night.  Probably do it on Thursday (hopefully along with ICB eats) as on Friday and Saturday I intend to be spending some serious time at "The Jack"!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

OU812

Looks interesting squirt, dont see grits around here in any restaurants that I have been to.

I had them one time when we were Alabama cant remember if I liked them or not, must not have too bad if I cant remember.  ::)

Ka Honu

Quote from: Caneyscud on October 21, 2009, 05:34:12 AMWife and daughter have requested Shrimp-'n-grits for this weekend. 

Caney - Great shrimp & grits recipe here; give it a try.

Caneyscud

Quote from: Ka Honu on October 21, 2009, 08:56:42 AM
Quote from: Caneyscud on October 21, 2009, 05:34:12 AMWife and daughter have requested Shrimp-'n-grits for this weekend. 

Caney - Great shrimp & grits recipe here; give it a try.
That's a killer recipe!  Somehow I missed it when it was first posted.  I usually make one up with what I have on hand.  Only thing wrong "3 SHRIMP" - that's not even enough to get my salivary glands producing! 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Ka Honu

Quote from: Caneyscud on October 21, 2009, 09:14:29 AMOnly thing wrong "3 SHRIMP" - that's not even enough to get my salivary glands producing! 

Yeah, I quoted the recipe verbatim but that's the first thing I change when I make it.