960 dollar pork butt ...

Started by dbrown1, October 25, 2009, 11:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbrown1

So my Pork butt to be delivered the day before the superbowl went for 960 dollars to help the United Way...pretty cool just thought I would share.

classicrockgriller

One pork butt? Smoked and pulled?

classicrockgriller

db, that is awesome. Congrats !!!!

Hopefull Romantic

I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

squirtthecat

dbrown1

yep just one, the vice president bought it ... ya know if I could get 960 a pork butt without helping a good cause I am afraid I would have to quit my day job lol .

classicrockgriller

db, you know you need to practice alot. You really need to do a great job. You have to do it over and over till it is perfect. So I am pm'ing my addy for all that pre-superbowl smokes that are practice runs. I will sample and let you know how many more times you have to do it over.

Seriously, that is kewl as heck. Congrats to you and United Way and tip of my Hat to the VP ! Glad to see he is sharing the wealth.

Savannahsmoker

Great always nice to see other people help.

Habanero Smoker

Now that I know what this is about. :) Great job.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

rdevous

Awesome idea for a great cause.

Let us know what that works out to be per pound cooked weight.

Ray......second in line for taste testing and commenting..............  ;D ::) ;D

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

dbrown1

Well if it comes out cooked at 8lbs. that would be 120 a lb.....good googley moogley  ;D  ;D
This better be good or I could get fired lol..

classicrockgriller

Quote from: dbrown1 on October 28, 2009, 04:10:21 PM
Well if it comes out cooked at 8lbs. that would be 120 a lb.....good googley moogley  ;D  ;D
This better be good or I could get fired lol..

For that, maybe you should give him two. ;D ;D

dbrown1

classicrockgriller

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!