Smoked Apples - a very tasty snack!!

Started by Slamdunk, October 26, 2009, 01:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

I picked up the Cardamon spice today......kinda expensive I guess to the lack of use of the spice. looking forward to opening it.

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 28, 2009, 03:39:22 PM
I picked up the Cardamon spice today......kinda expensive I guess to the lack of use of the spice. looking forward to opening it.

CRG, Cardamon is a staple spice in coffee making in my neck of the woods. Especially of it comes whole. Try perculating it with java.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

classicrockgriller

This is ground Cardamon and it sorta taste like orange peel.

Caneyscud

Yeh, but it sure tastes great in them Texas Spicy Hot Links.  Just got some ground myself - have been grinding it myself but ran out of the whole.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Caneyscud on October 28, 2009, 06:35:58 PM
Yeh, but it sure tastes great in them Texas Spicy Hot Links.  Just got some ground myself - have been grinding it myself but ran out of the whole.

What have you been using it in. It is new to me. (I think)

Caneyscud

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 28, 2009, 06:41:14 PM
Quote from: Caneyscud on October 28, 2009, 06:35:58 PM

What have you been using it in. It is new to me. (I think)

Only things I can think of right now is Pumpkin pie, Pumpkin pancakes, slipped a little into pecan pie (mistake), spiced muffins, fruitcake (why I originally bought it years ago), spiced cake, and the Texas hot links!  Oh and a couple of tangine like dishes I made with some preserved lemons I had made. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

classicrockgriller

Hopefull Romantic

Cardamon is widely used here and not just in coffee it is also used alot in cooking especially with rice to give it that extra flavour.

In classy resturents they serve "White Coffee" which is basicaly cardamon boiled in water. An excellant digestive after a heavy meal.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

classicrockgriller

Don't know if I would drink it, but in rice sounds pretty good.