• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New BDS and trying to wait patiently to smoke

Started by mack, October 26, 2009, 05:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mack

We received our new BDS Thursday.  It is actually an early gift for my DH who is wanting to smoke a turkey for the Holidays.  I thought it would be great to get it early and practice especially since I had a few days off work to enjoy the results.  Well it rained Saturday so we went to start it up yesterday and there were no cords.  None at all. ??? We were really bummed.  Brandon at Manventure Outpost answered our email so fast that I could not believe it.  I was a little concerned when I found out they corresponded by email rather than by phone but he answered my email before I could have possibly waited through some long winded phone menu and this was on a weekend.  He suggested I call Bradley this morning and I did so the cords are on their way.  Now we're trying to wait patiently even though it will probably be next weekend before we get to smoke.  So far I'm very pleased with the service.  Manventure Outpost was amazingly fast at responding and even though it did take 2 calls to Bradley before they called back, they were extremely nice and very helpful and I imagine Monday morning is a pretty busy time for them.  It does make me glad that I read this forum before I decided which smoker to purchase and partly made that decision based on not only how helpful everyone was on the forum and how much they loved the Bradley but also on the level of customer service and interaction from the companies involved.  Now to just get the cords and get smokin!   :)

westexasmoker

Bradley customer service is second to none....period!  They well get you hooked up (literally)!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Mack

I apologise for you getting a smoker with no cords as hard as we try to have all the units inspected before the final box up
mistakes can happen.

And you are correct Mondays are busy especially with people off due to flu

If you want to PM me your shipping information I will make sure your order got sent out and will send you the tracking info
so you will know when it will be delivered.

Brian

HawkeyeSmokes

Welcome to the forum mack. Ask any questions you might have and make sure to keep that vent open.  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

classicrockgriller

mack, I got my 4rkDBS from manadventures and you are right, Brandon is a stand up guy. I ordered mine about 2:00 on a Friday and he made sure it got sent out that day, plus I saved alot of money. And Bradley is a super company.

This will give you a cpl more days to admire the beauty of that smoker before you turn the inside BLACK from all the smokin you will be doing.

If you have any question, just ask. Learn how to post pics, cause we like em. Good Luck and Good Smoke !

DjSaneR

Yep, their customer service is second to none. 
Bradley 6 Rack Digital
Weber Genesis S320
Weber Performer

Hopefull Romantic

Welcome to the forum Mack an sorry to hear about you having to wait for your first smoke. I remember when the shipper called to make sure I was home to deliver the Bradley, it was the longest 20 minutes I have ever had.

I second what WTS said about Bradley, they are second to none.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

OU812

Welcome to the fun mack

The boys at Bradley are top notch.

Be warned this type of smoking is very addictive.

So whats going to be in the Bradley for the first smoke ?

mack

We received the cords today!!  DH just returned from buying meat so it looks like the first smoke will be a chicken and a boston butt.  The second smoke will probably be a whole turkey.  I imagine he will do the first smoke tomorrow but we'll see.   ;D 

KyNola

Mack,
Don't forget to season your Bradley before your first smoke.  Also, always have the vent at least half open.  100% open when doing poultry.  Have fun!  Let's see some pics.

KyNola

mack

Thanks for the info.  I just gave DH the tip about leaving the vent 100% open for poultry and reminded him to season the smoker and to take pics.