• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Canadian Bacon to 162 ARRRGGGG

Started by oakville smoker, October 31, 2009, 12:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakville smoker

It must be Halloween but I thought last night was Devils Night !

I had a nice cured loin in the smoker finishing off some CB
I went out  to put my digital thermometer in there only to find that it gave up the ghost, no pun intended...

Well when I finally got the new thermometer working, I hauled my bacon out at 162.
I am FTC inig it and then going to put it in the fridge for a couple of days to finish.

Have I ruined this or do you think it can be saved for CB ?
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

classicrockgriller

I won't have ftc'ed it cause that made IT rise higher.

you can always put some gravy on it. I hate that. chop it up and add to beans sorta like tasso if it is too dry.

KyNola

I'm with CRG.  Don't FTC.  Let it rest until it cools down and then slice and enjoy.  Cooked a little more than maybe optimal but it will be awesome nonetheless.  Tell you what I will do for you because I am your friend.  Send me some of it and I will make sure it's OK for human consumption.  Don't eat it until I get back to you.  I do this only because I am your friend and willing to sacrifice my well being for you.

KyNola

classicrockgriller

oakville smoker

Complimentary CB for all !
Why not?  Trick or treat !
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

Smokin Soon

I would just fry up a couple pieces to see if it is too dry, it may be fine. If not slice and vac seal for beans, Chile and om lets. Any beans cooked with leftover smoked meats in a crockpot are the best you ever had. I save a lot of leftover stuff for beans in the wintertime. Now that I think of it, ALL of my mistakes go in the crockpot. Nothing does to waste here!