• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Gold prospecting...

Started by rdevous, November 04, 2009, 08:56:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Roadking on November 06, 2009, 05:10:33 AM
Quote from: Habanero Smoker on November 06, 2009, 01:43:08 AM

I'm a law abiding citizen!! :) I do have to say there are still nuggets half the size of a dime still being found in NY. But like you point out some will follow the law, some will skirt the law, and others will out right ignore the law.
Your right, here's what I found :
N.Y.S laws are complex to say at the least, but they are pretty defined that any minerals found in the state of n.y belongs to the state, this includes gold and silver. the laws go back to 1775 the kings law, when the state started awarding land to the people. there has been many claims filed in the state for gold and silver discoveries since the 1700's and some as recent as the 1990's.

"Currently there has been a bill proposed to the state senate and has pasted. The bill has yet to make the assembly to be pasted. This bill # 8023 needs all the support of people to write there assemblyman and ask for there support of this bill. So please contact your assemblyman, we also have a petition and I ask you to please help and sign  this petition. this bill # 8023 will not also allow recreational gold prospectors to keep there gold or silver found in the state of n.y. It will also give a new outdoor activity for families to enjoy. This will also help generate revenue for the state as well.  We may be asked to pay a $10 permit fee with D.E.C to Recreational prospect in the state. I will be well worth it.  So please follow the links below to either sign the Petition Or to the NY Gold site forum for more information on bill # 8023"
Have parents up in Walton, N.Y. where about you from?

I'm east of that Walton. I already saw what you have posted. I learned of that information prior to typing my last post. A lot of information is posted on this site NYGoldsite

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Roadking

If I were gold hunting as a recreational prospecter I still wouldn't give them any. Law of no law.
Pretty soon you'll have to pay for the air you breathe or be taxed on it.

Caneyscud

Quote from: car54 on November 05, 2009, 04:37:28 PM
Thanks for the plane pictures Roadking.

Do you recall a movie called Flight of the Phoenix?

A routine flight in an old flying box car with a broken radio, carrying a group of tired men and worn out tools, encounters a fierce sand storm in the Sahara desert. The men are hundreds of miles from rescue, and nobody knows where they are. With zero chance of rescue and a 10 days supply of water, the group is forced to make a decision. Wait to die or build a flyable airplane using the salvaged parts of the wrecked flying boxcar. They hedge their bets by sending one person out with most of their water, on a trek for help. Then they start to plan and build a plane. One point of conflict is that the aeronautical engineer is German, and World War II is still fresh in everyone's mind. Lots of planning and luck enough to be carrying the basic tools on the plane to do the job. They start to cut up and build. Later the group learns that the engineer designs scale model planes, and second-guesses him. There is a small graveyard where after the crash they bury the victims of the crash and it keeps growing one man at a time during the story, adding a very stark reminder of the consequences of failure. Finally the project is to the point where take off can be attempted. They start the motor, and with a slow and laborious run the contrived contraption manages to take off and fly. We are reminded of a quote the pilot made in the beginning of the story." I can remember when a pilot could just take pride in getting to the destination." We are sure that was the case when they arrived in the home made plane. This story is so well told that there is a debate on if it is a true story or not. Be careful about claiming if it is or not.

I often think about this movie when I think about RC planes.

Brad

Brad,  I usually get real thirsty when I watch that movie.   I like the movie a lot!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Hopefull Romantic

Roadking that is a beautiful movie. Teaches perseverance.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Roadking

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on November 09, 2009, 05:56:02 AM
Roadking that is a beautiful movie. Teaches perseverance.

HR

I watched both of them. I enjoyed the first make of it alot more then the second make. Released in 1943 with Humphrey Bogart.

Hopefull Romantic

I was talking about the old one. The new release was not anywhere near as good.

I think though you mean the 1965 release with James Stewart. But you are right Humphrey did film a movie in the same desert (supposedly) in 1943 and was called Sahara. I think.

HR

Roadking

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on November 09, 2009, 07:21:26 AM

I think though you mean the 1965 release with James Stewart. But you are right Humphrey did film a movie in the same desert (supposedly) in 1943 and was called Sahara. I think.

HR
You are absolutely right. How the heck did I get shifted to Sahara. I have both of them. They were both better then the newer ones.

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: Roadking on November 09, 2009, 07:29:25 AM
Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on November 09, 2009, 07:21:26 AM

HR
You are absolutely right. How the heck did I get shifted to Sahara. I have both of them. They were both better then the newer ones.

The surrondings were similar and yes you are right bot the old ones are better than the new ones. "They SUre Dont Make Them As They Use To".

HR