• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Probe

Started by Brad Stab, November 04, 2009, 09:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopefull Romantic

I would also recmmend the Maverick duel probe. It is great and I have had no problems with it. The only minor drwback on the ET 73 is havin to take every thing off the transmiter in order to turn it on and off. Wish they had that button on the outside.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Pachanga

Hopeful,

My sentiments exactly.  The temperature alarm setting for the chamber probe and food probe is also not user friendly.

That said, mine works fine and it has been abused.  I do not know of any other company making a similar unit.

Good luck and slow smoking,

Pachanga

squirtthecat

Ditto both HR and Pachanga.   I finally left the battery cover off of the transmitter (actually, it broke off), so it is a bit easier to power on now.

OU812

Quote from: squirtthecat on November 06, 2009, 06:11:01 AM

Ditto both HR and Pachanga.   I finally left the battery cover off of the transmitter (actually, it broke off), so it is a bit easier to power on now.

Ditto with all the above. I now have magnets glued on the back of the transmitter and leave the back off then just stick it to the smoker

rdav01

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on November 06, 2009, 01:12:29 AM
I would also recmmend the Maverick duel probe. It is great and I have had no problems with it. The only minor drwback on the ET 73 is havin to take every thing off the transmiter in order to turn it on and off. Wish they had that button on the outside.

HR
I found this on youtube.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBk5rUGQ4xU

Hope this helps

JoeHifi

rdav01

I just got my maverick ET-73 today works great my question is on the digital smoker the temp shown on there varies about 20 deg off what the probe says is it safe to assume the prob is giving a more accurate reading??

Rick

Tiny Tim

The difference is usually due to the position of the probe compared to the sensor for the digital.  The probe will probably tell you closer to what your meat is experiencing.

Pachanga

My experience is in agreement with Tiny Tim.  I usually place my maverick near the door on the lowest rack with the meat.  At this position, the Bradley is usually 20 degrees higher.  Even with a heat deflector, this makes sense.  The Bradley heating unit is in the back in line with the Bradley sensor.  Heat is going to rise in a path of least resistance.   I check my probes against ambient temperature and tips immersed in boiling water prior to a smoke. 

I would rely on the maverick.

Good luck and slow smoking,

Pachanga

Hopefull Romantic

I would also rely on the Maverick.

HR

rdav01

eh Im a newbie I put a chick in there to smoke and i was like why isnt the heat coming up lol forgot to replug the heater element back in that whay i had the deg change  ???

Hopefull Romantic

You put a chick in where?????????????????????

HR

ArnieM

I put my wired probe in the meat before placing it into the OBS.  I don't bother actually hooking it up to the display until I think we're cookin'.  If I see any smoke coming out of the door seal where the wire comes out, it's time to open the vent more.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.