• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Weekend at KyNola's house

Started by KyNola, November 07, 2009, 01:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Dehydrating onions as we speak at Jan's request(don't ask me why), 3 pounds of peanuts coated in Frank's Buffalo wing sauce and Cajun Power garlic and pepper sauce, dusted with Jan's Dry Rub getting apple wood smoked in the Bradley then into the dehydrator.  Tomorrow, 9 pounds of jerky going into the BDS for smoke and then to the Excalibur to finish.  AND Jan is in the kitchen working on a big batch of her world famous red beans and rice.  A guy came by today with 12 cans of chili beans and asked her to make some red beans and rice.

Just a typical weekend at KyNola's house. ;)  Am I lucky guy or what?

KyNola

FLBentRider

Quote from: KyNola on November 07, 2009, 01:37:29 PM

Uhhh.. YEAH!!!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

squirtthecat

KyNola

Beer's cold, I smell like smoke and the red beans are way good. AAAHHH :)

KyNola

Caribou

Sounds like a fun weekend of smoking Kynola!
You are a lucky guy  :)
Carolyn

Tenpoint5

Quote from: KyNola on November 07, 2009, 01:37:29 PM

KyNola

If you was lucky Kynola. The guy would have brought cold beer for you as well, The red beans would have been for you to keep. The neighbor would have brought over a 10lb bag of onions for you to dehydrate. OH WHAT AM I THINKING If all that happened you would be NEPAS!!!!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

That would make me KyFreePaSNola wouldn't it? :D

Peanuts are OMG SOB good.  Feeling pretty good about tomorrow's jerky.  Told Jan I wasn't going to smoke the jerky, just go straight to the Excalibur.  Jan said "how long would it take to put the jerky in the BDS for smoke""  I said "about an hour".  Her response was " let's put it in the smoker first".

I almost teared up. :'(  What is not to love about this girl? :-*

Looks like the jerky goes to the Bradley first tomorrow. :)

KyNola

Hopefull Romantic

Sounds like a good weekend KY. You better have some cumin on hand for all that beans and rice.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

NePaSmoKer

Man i can almost smell the red beans N rice and the jerky and the mix there KyFreePaSNola  ;D  :D

I like the way Jan thinks  ;D

nepas

KyNola

9 pounds of jerky with one hour of hickory smoke on it and into the Exalibur. 6 pounds of ground beef, 3 pounds ground turkey for Jan.  First time using the dehydrator so it will be a new experience for me.  I can already tell I like it better than trying to nurse the temp in my BDS for 6 hours or so.  Dang I wish I had a PID.

KyNola

KyNola

Jerky is out of the Excalibur.  While the beef is really good, the turkey is off the chart using Big JT's jerky recipe on his post with the jerky ingredients calculator.  Big JT, thank you.

KyNola

squirtthecat

Quote from: KyNola on November 08, 2009, 06:28:22 PM
Jerky is out of the Excalibur.  While the beef is really good, the turkey is off the chart using Big JT's jerky recipe on his post with the jerky ingredients calculator.  Big JT, thank you.

KyNola

Turkey jerky...  Oh yeah, I need to try that!

OU812

Turkey jerky does sound good, going on the to do list.

classicrockgriller

OK, so I go hunting and you have a weekend at the KyNola's.

Bet it was fun! It all sounds good.

No pics?