• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Venison Sticks

Started by NePaSmoKer, November 08, 2009, 09:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

So my hunting buddies told me to be ready for sticks, jerky & sausages when i get back.

One of them brought me 40 lbs of pre ground 80/20 venison/pork to do sticks. So far my list is 150lbs to do.

4 10 lb zip lock bags

The first 5 pounds of sticks.

I mix the cure with 5 oz of cold distilled water.

Add my mix to the liquid.

First 5 pounds stuffed with the new stuffer.

In smoker with Apple smoke.

nepas

Hopefull Romantic

You put that new stuffer to good use already, WAW

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Blowchowski

Very nice.. Is there a reason you're tying the casing?  Is that natural casing?  Looks great!

KyNola

And I guess you get to keep half of it Mr. FreePaS? ;) :D

KyNola

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Blowchowski on November 08, 2009, 09:17:14 AM
Very nice.. Is there a reason you're tying the casing?  Is that natural casing?  Looks great!

I tye the end so the meat dont extrude out. This makes the casing fill tight. They are 19mm collegen casings.

nepas

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: KyNola on November 08, 2009, 09:21:31 AM
And I guess you get to keep half of it Mr. FreePaS? ;) :D

KyNola

These are all for them this time.

Tenpoint5

Rick which stick recipe you using for the Bambi? I am just trying to get ready for deer season make sure I have everything ready to go.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 08, 2009, 09:29:44 AM
Rick which stick recipe you using for the Bambi? I am just trying to get ready for deer season make sure I have everything ready to go.

Chris on this batch my friend wanted me to use some AC Leggs old plantation mix.

Tenpoint5

Ok I was just wondering if it was one of the secret receipts or something
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

AC was bought from Ask the meatman.com. Pretty good stuff.

My friend that brought this to me is older and like the mild stick taste.

NePaSmoKer

Here is the 5 pounds of venison sticks.

Guess the other 35 pounds going in the bighouse tomorrrow   ;D

nepas

pensrock

Nice looking sticks, too bad the 40 pounds will not last into rifle season.  ;) ;D

muzzletim

Nepas,

That new stuffer looks like it is working really good! What a beautiful bunch of sticks!
Tim

RickWL63

How do you get your sticks to look so nice an uniform in color?  Half of mine look like hot dogs.  Kind of unhappy with my digital smoker at the moment.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: RickWL63 on December 12, 2009, 06:11:23 PM
How do you get your sticks to look so nice an uniform in color?  Half of mine look like hot dogs.  Kind of unhappy with my digital smoker at the moment.

I dont think its the smoker itself. Sticks will stall in IT almost all the time. The hot dog affect might be from using the small plate in the grinder. Also do you add the cure to the liquid then the dry mix? Then pour the liquid into the meat to mix together. Sometimes when you add the dry to the mix you will have uneven spots in the mix.