• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New to me... Smoked shrimp

Started by ronbeaux, November 08, 2009, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronbeaux

Got the OBS going with no heating element and let the near freezing shrimp bath in the smoke for 15 minutes.

Then;
Pecan smoked shrimp pan saute'd with cilantro and garlic and butter/olive oil mix. Served up with some brown rice with chicken broth infused, and some french cut green beans with potatoes.

Wow!

Had to poke a bunch of holes in the foil because they kept falling through without the foil........

The smoke really came through and added a whole new level to the shrimp.

I officially hurt myself............
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

Tenpoint5

I WOULD HAMMER THAT!!! ;D ;D That looks great Ron! I don't think there is any left for me to mention saving a plate. Since you mentioned that you "officially hurt yourself".
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ronbeaux

Yep, you can color that one GONE!
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

FLBentRider

I would put a plate of that down in a flash.

That looks great.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

HawkeyeSmokes

One suggestion, make more next time so you have plenty to share! Those look awesome.
HawkeyeSmokes

KyNola

That looks incredible Ron.

Wanna twist it cajun just a bit?  Thaw and peel the shrimp, brine the shrimp in a simple salt/sugar/water brine for about 20 minutes.  Let them dry to a nice sticky surface.  Melt some butter in a pan with your favorite cajun seasoning in the butter.  Brush the shrimp with the butter/cajun seasoning mix and into the smoker with your favorite wood.  You have to be careful not to overcook the shrimp but they will be incredible. Most likely won't take longer than 40 minutes at around 200-225.  Now, make your favorite remoulade sauce, open that Abita Amber or TurboDog and begin dipping those shrimp.

KyNola

Hopefull Romantic

Nice shrimps Ron and a great recipe Ky

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

3rensho

Now that looks fantastic!!  My stomach is grumbling and I just finished lunch.  If my gout wasn't acting up I'd give those a try tomorrow for lunch.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

squirtthecat

Great looking shrimp, Ron!

Mmmm....   Abita...   Haven't seen that since my last trip to NOLA.

classicrockgriller

Ron, thanks for the great pics and another tasty delight.

You know you can cook some crayfish bisque in the Bradley.