Pork side spareribs yesterday.

Started by RAF128, November 09, 2009, 06:38:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAF128

Yesterday I made some spareribs.    I followed the recipe that came in my Bradley recipe book.    They were great but should have left them in the smoker longer.    The recipe called for the ribs to be done in the oven at 350 for an hour, then apply the sauce and place in smoker for 3 hrs at 220.   They were done but not falling off the bone.   I think a couple more hours were need.   There was enough smoke.    I used maple this time.

KyNola

RAF,
Go out to the recipe site and take a look at the pictorial 10.5 posted on how to do ribs in the Bradley.  It is a guaranteed great results everytime.

I'll bet yours tasted good though.

KyNola

Edited- left out the word site in the original post

Hopefull Romantic

I am with Ky on this one.

Try the 10.5 3-2-1 method next time it is a sure winner and the meat will be falling off the bone.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Tenpoint5

RAF,
I was going to suggest the recipe site and the pictorial but I'm a little late to the party!! ;D ;D I'm guessing the way I make ribs in the Bradley actually works for other folks as well when they do it!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 09, 2009, 09:18:06 AM
;D ;D I'm guessing the way I make ribs in the Bradley actually works for other folks as well when they do it!

Tenpoint5, dont guess it does. At least for me.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

RAF128

I saw it and liked it.   I had seen the recipe in the bradley recipe book and it's a quick recipe to make.   No waiting except for the cooking time.   As I said it tasted great except I should have left it in longer.
I'll have to try that recipe later.   I do have another package of ribs in the freezer.

A quick question but where might I find the recipe for the rub.

Brad Stab

RAF, the very first thing I smoked when I got my Bradley was 10.5 ribs. They were the best I ever made by a long shot. Their are a number of excellent rubs also on the recipe site.
Brad
You can tune a piano, but you can't tune a fish.

oakville smoker

Dont feel bad, I had the same experience with side ribs
Need longer cook time than backs.  I prefer backs over sides but of side ever come home from the store again, they will be in for the full tour and time
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

RAF128

Today I took out the last 2 slabs of rib from the fridge.   Wrapped them in tin foil and put them in the oven @250 for a couple of hours.    That's all it took.   They were perfect.   Fell off the bone, tender and delicious.   Now I know to leave them in the Bradley for at least a couple of more hours.   I'm learning ;)

classicrockgriller

hal4uk

RAF, I'm gonna have to 2nd Oakville...  I like the backs better...
That said, whichever rib you use 3-2-1 flat out works, but I like my "8-0-0" method...
Set at 220 for 8 hours.

I just like easy methods ;-)
Like Ernie Ball Guitar polish: 1) Rub on.  2) Rub off.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

KyNola

Hal,
I don't care if you do pull for UK basketball, give me St. Louis cut side ribs anyday! :)  More fat and as we all know, fat = flavor.

KyNola

Pachanga

KyNola,

My favorite cut also. Ditto on the fat.

But I am with Hal on the 8-0-0 (never heard it put that way but I like it).  It is easier for me and produces a great finished product.

I have used Tenpoint's 3-2-1 method which is popular on other sites as well.  It makes great ribs as others have already espoused. 

The Bradley makes Qing easier than it should be but I'm not complaining.

Good luck and do it your way, its all good,

Pachanga

hal4uk

KyNOLA,  I'm not gonna turn down any ribs!!!
Like Pachanga says.. it's all goooood ;-)

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Caneyscud

Ditto on the St. Louie ribs.  And then later, you can smoke all the trimmings and they are good too!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"