• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Weston 9" slicer

Started by centflasmoker, November 12, 2009, 05:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

centflasmoker

With all this talk about slicers, does anyone know anything about the Weston 9" http://www.westonsupply.com/Weston-9-Meat-Slicer-CE-and-GS-Approved-p/61-0901-w.htm . My old one bit the dust this past weekend. Thanks

Oldman

While this will cost more you might want to check out your local used resturant equipment supply stores.  I've seen some real "buys" in 12" -14" 45 degree units. These units are also much saver than units with a vertical blade. (This way you never see a vertical blade unit in a business.)

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

rdav01

I got one similar to that just the other day to slice my first brisket it did a decent job and ran me about $80 just becareful when you get close to the blade...mine also has a speed adjust for the blade as well

centflasmoker

Quote from: rdav01 on November 12, 2009, 01:03:57 PM
I got one similar to that just the other day to slice my first brisket it did a decent job and ran me about $80 just becareful when you get close to the blade...mine also has a speed adjust for the blade as well

The main thing I'm going to be slicing is like you brisket pork chops and meat for jerky. Thanks for the replies

Piker

I have a salton brand,it is all plastic and comes apart for easy cleaning. The meat is held by a plastic component that makes it impossible to cut yourself.The shelf slides back and forth. The only metal on it is the motor and the blade.I have cut a lot of meat,frozen and othwerwise without a problem. It cost me $49.99 a few years ago. Thks Piker