• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

truth is stranger that fiction

Started by squirtthecat, November 13, 2009, 05:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

Just read this in the online version of our local paper..

GateHouse News Service
Posted Nov 13, 2009 @ 07:19 AM

BARTONVILLE — A deer has crashed through a plate glass window at a central Illinois meat store that processes deer meat.

According Dave Alwan, owner of Echo Valley Meats at 608 W. Garfield Ave., he received a call around 6:45 a.m. from a woman who was driving nearby and saw the deer in action.

While Alwan and police initially thought the deer had come into the store, Alwan said video surveillance showed the deer crashing into the window and taking off. The deer was not found.

Bartonville Police Chief Brian Fengel said the broken window was worth $500, and nobody got hurt. Fengel said he has seen deer encounters like this before.

"I know it's rut season for deer," he said. "We've had a lot of deer accidents and a lot of deer running around."

Fengel said the accident is a coincidence because Echo Valley Meats processes deer meat.

"We're so good, they're just dying to get in," Alwan said.

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: squirtthecat on November 13, 2009, 05:43:54 AM

"We're so good, they're just dying to get in," Alwan said.

Naaaaaaaaaaa, I think this is the case of pure revenger.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

classicrockgriller

I hit a deer one time in Downtown Austin, Texas. I mean Downtown. No wait....he hit me.

Came out of nowhere (maybe from behind a high rise) ran into the side of my truck,
did $3,100 damage. Got up and ran off down the street.

I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

sterlingpriceporker

back when the earth was cooling and my dad would say,  he had a young moose hit is car in Alaska. It got stuck in the back window and had to be cut out... the cars back then were made out of steel or the impact would have destroyed it, but he said it was never the same.
truly great men know the power of napping. I'm a great man.

squirtthecat

2 days after I got my drivers license (I've been driving since I was 12, but this was finally 'legal' driving) I plowed into a deer w/ a '83 Volkswagen Rabbit.    It was a tie. (killed the deer, and the car didn't fair much better)

It was never the same either.