The New Marinator

Started by nsxbill, March 08, 2005, 11:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nsxbill

Picked up a larger marinator today for butts, briskets and large batches of jerky.  Love Hobart stuff.  Hobart parts availability excellent, and this one is table top size.  Key plus is also NSF approved, and compatible with my plan to ultimately do a little jerky sales on the road while traveling to BBQ events.

This one will hold 30 lbs of meat.  I think it can also be used to mix up sausage mixture with cure, etc for prep work.  Looking forward to arrival from Utah within the next couple of days, and will clean it up and replace any parts that it needs to restore it.  

Will still use the Marivac Reveo for smaller batch work, but this looks just the ticket for those big items and large batch work.  I can dial down rotation speed to slow roll, and the vacuum pressure fully adjustable.

Happy Smoking!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Kummok

Coooool!![8D] Can you spell B-I-N-F-O-R-D 5-0-0-0  ??[:D][;)]

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

St. Helens Smoker

Out FRIGGING Standing!!![:p]

BigSmoker

Bill,
You are the true KING when it comes to "toys".  I've got one for ya.  Its a pressure cooker that also applys smoke[:D][:D][:D].
A friend of mine has it for sale if your interested[;)]
Another Toy For Bill

Jeff

P.S.  See Olds I can do it right the first time.  Thanks again for the cool[8D] codes.
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

nsxbill

Anything I get has to be reasonably portable...Mine only weighs 65 pounds.  Dimensions are 14.5" High(base) X 22-5/8" wide X  19.25" Deep without the bucket....Sounds pretty portable and  I think all I will ever need.  I paid too much, but think it is the best model for my individual use.

Besides, don't like pressure cookers....they blow-up!

I noticed when I went to the site that the guy was selling it to get a Bradley.  Wise move Mr. Smoker/Pressure man!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

JJC

U da man, Bill!  Let us know how it does for you when it arrives!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BigSmoker</i>
<br />Bill,
You are the true KING when it comes to "toys".  I've got one for ya.  Its a pressure cooker that also applys smoke[:D][:D][:D].
A friend of mine has it for sale if your interested[;)]
Another Toy For Bill

Jeff

P.S.  See Olds I can do it right the first time.  Thanks again for the cool[8D] codes.
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I've tasted food that came out of one of those. Maybe the restaurant that served it didn't do it right, but I was not impressed. Too fake.

Besides, Bill wouldn't be interested in something that only generates 15 psi, that's for wussies![;)][:D][:D][:D]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Habanero Smoker

That is something. Good luck with it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

ChefBill

Bill,
You need to adapt a small cement mixer to mix sausage, jerky & marinate at the same time. A small tow behind should handle about 250#s at a time..[:D]  Bill

If you can eat it, you can smoke it.
If you can eat it, Then You can smoke it

Oldman

Ya Bill sure likes the toys but he cannot beat my smoker! I got the biggest, baddest, meanest, smokin'est smoker going...I posted about  this last year, but don't think some of you where members yet. I call it <b>Smokin' In'D Wild!</b>

*Bill looks around as he is just stunned that someone got one bigger than his*
EDIT: Opps I see a Chez comming... [:D]

Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

nsxbill

What the heck is that?  Sewer pressure release valve?  Roofing Tar bucket heater?  Now I can see why you wrap up your hams in T-shirts!  No wonder you need a vent in your garage to keep the smoke out of the house!

Bill

Chez Bubba

I think it's a cloaking device so the fed's can't see the still![:D][:D]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Cold Smoke

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]

Cold Smoke

nsxbill

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I think it's a cloaking device so the fed's can't see the still!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I've heard the good old boys still have those...  Something to mix with the fresh pinapple juice with, no doubt.

Bill

Oldman

What that really is if you don't know already know is a surplus unit from the army. It is for setting up a smoke screen. LOL! If I remember correct it said something about complete smoking out an average size valley in under 60 minutes.

Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!