• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Easy Off as a Cleaner for Drip Tray

Started by oakville smoker, November 17, 2009, 10:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakville smoker

Can Easy Off be used as a drip tray cleaner or is it too caustic?
I am thinking I might have to do a major clean of this puppy and Easy Off could be the ticket
Plus there just happens to be a can that will no longer be used kicking around and this would put it to good use
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

FLBentRider

I've thought of that, I didn't have any around to try it.

I don't see why it would not work, the tray is made out of the same basic stuff oven racks are.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

TMB

I use Easy Off all the time on my racks for my Big Easy, smoker and grill. Never had any problems just make sure you wash it off good. They do make a BBQ cleaner so you might want to check in to it. 
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

oakville smoker

Thanks much.  I am going to try it tonight and see how it works.
Hopefully I still have my finger prints tomorrow !
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Tiny Tim

Quote from: oakville smoker on November 17, 2009, 11:34:03 AM
Thanks much.  I am going to try it tonight and see how it works.
Hopefully I still have my finger prints tomorrow !

If you don't, it'd be a good time to go commit some crimes....as long as you can lay low for a few days. :D

oakville smoker

Its working great.
The fumes, well they are pretty nasty

Thats not to say that this thing is filthy, its just getting some of the tougher stuff off

Spray away is what I say !  It works

BigJohnT

I just put the dirty bits on the counter and my MIL uses Easy Off on the V-Tray of my smoker. She sprays it on and lets it soak for a few hours then it just rinses clean.

John

squirtthecat

I'd give it a spin in the dishwasher afterward, just to make sure you get all the nasty chemicals off.

I cram everything in the dishwasher, even the Bubba pucks every few smokes.    Run rinse cycle, then put in soap and run the heavy duty cycle.

TMB

A lot of times I will spray the racks down put them in a garbage bag and seal it up, leave it in there for 4 hrs or so wash off with hose then hand wash or toss in the dishwasher (depends on the rack being cleaned)  I found this is the best way for tough grill cleaning!  ;) 

squirtthecat

Quote from: TMB on November 17, 2009, 05:51:12 PM
A lot of times I will spray the racks down put them in a garbage bag and seal it up, leave it in there for 4 hrs or so wash off with hose then hand wash or toss in the dishwasher (depends on the rack being cleaned)  I found this is the best way for tough grill cleaning!  ;) 

Good tip!

NePaSmoKer

I never use any caustic sprays or liquids in my smokers.

Either wash em in the dishwasher, by hand. I leave the inside of my smoker crusty, it smokes better that way.

nepas

TMB

I do not clean the inside with Easy Off, I just clean the racks and baskets that go in the smoker, grill or Big Easy  then wash or place in the dishwasher.

Caneyscud

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on November 18, 2009, 06:14:11 AM
I never use any caustic sprays or liquids in my smokers...........I leave the inside of my smoker crusty, it smokes better that way.

Ahhh, a man after my own heart.  There are just things that ought not to be done.  Haven't washed my office coffee cup going on three years now.  It was cleaned inadvertantly 3 years ago by a co-worker.  Now they won't touch it.  ;D
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

KevinG

I always thought that you needed to crank up the temp anyway after using easy off to burn off the food. Not sure what temp it needs to be at, but thought it was high oven temps.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

BigJohnT

Quote from: KevinG on November 18, 2009, 08:08:50 AM
I always thought that you needed to crank up the temp anyway after using easy off to burn off the food. Not sure what temp it needs to be at, but thought it was high oven temps.

The old easy  off was that way, the new easy off is for cold ovens. (I just went and read the instructions  :o )

JT