• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Means to avoid burning last two pucks

Started by desjr2, November 17, 2009, 12:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desjr2

Hi all!  When 1st reviewing posts on this site I came across a discussion about how to cover (?) the two pucks pushing the last puck in for dispensing and, therefore, saving the waste of these two pucks.  I can't seem to find that discussion now.  Would appreciate any suggestions on finding a discussion on this subject.  New OBS is on the way and am working on getting ready.  Thanks, Don

justpete

I beleave your looking for info on Bubba Pucks.

Lots of info. Just do a quick search.

This link should also help
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showpost.php?p=764&postcount=7

KyNola

Don,
You need at least 2 "artificial" pucks to go behind your smoking pucks and then one final wood puck behind the artificial ones or you can get 3 artificial ones.  Brian(BeGolf25) at Yard and Pool sells them as does BigJohn T.  Both are members of the forum.  You place them on top of your wood pucks in the tube and then set your timer for at least 20 minutes longer than the smoker period.

KyNola  

squirtthecat

Quote from: KyNola on November 17, 2009, 12:36:25 PM
place them on top of your wood pucks in the tube and then set your timer for at least 20 minutes longer than the smoker period.

And be very very very careful removing them if you are doing back-to-back smokes..   ;)

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KyNola

mikeradio

I also use 3 pucks.  I have 3 from Auber when I ordered my PID.  Then I just purchased 3 JT custom engraved pucks from Scott .  Cant wait till they arrive. :) :)

Mike

desjr2

I will be ordering 3.  Thanks everyone!!  Don

BigJohnT

Quote from: mikeradio on November 17, 2009, 12:49:28 PM
I also use 3 pucks.  I have 3 from Auber when I ordered my PID.  Then I just purchased 3 JT custom engraved pucks from Scott .  Cant wait till they arrive. :) :)

Mike

They sure looked purdy... them and the fan kit (the motor came in) are in St Louis as I type...

JT

Stilly

It's just as easy to push the last two pucks onto the element.  That's just me though:)

ArnieM

Quote from: Stilly on November 18, 2009, 03:16:40 PM
It's just as easy to push the last two pucks onto the element.  That's just me though:)

I do pretty much the same.  If I'm going to smoke for 2 hours I'll preheat and then I'll load six pucks.  Advance the pucks to the smoking position and set the kitchen timer for one hour.  After that, use my long-handled grill fork to advance a puck and set the kitchen timer to 20 minutes.  Lather, rinse and repeat.  Not exactly set-and-forget.  But, I can use the money saved on MEAT.  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

oakville smoker

Because pucks are so hard to find here, and my buddies all threaten to have them made for me, I took a couple of wood pucks,
wrapped them in tin foil and they have been working good since the summer.  I might have to replace one soon, but all I have to do is
take off the old tin foil and add another layer.

Works great.
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?