Trivia Night

Started by squirtthecat, November 21, 2009, 08:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

No squirt, I don't remember Art's.  But it was at least 35 years ago and my brain isn't currently - what were we talking about?

Hal, the Presidential suite is kinda steep.  $33/night.  But it does come with a COLOR TV and four channels.  They're still working on the A/C.  ;D ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

hal4uk

That's why I want the Presidential Suite - that's the room with the color TV...
But, I didn't realize Art was getting so greedy.  Might have to postpone for now...
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

squirtthecat

Long story short - we won!  

Split between 4 couples...   Arnie/Hal - I can pop for a night at Art's if either of you are in town and need a place to crash. (it's $39 a night w/ HBO thank you very much... :D)

Arnie, you still hungry after your shrimp appetizer?

I've got most of this:

And 95% of this left over: (sorry, a little blury)

There is a bit of chopped brisket as well, enough for maybe 4 small sammies.

Our winning rounds were WWII movies (I've seen them all), and some obscure "fill in the blank lyrics"..  

I'll have to give credit to 10.5 for his post the other day, for me knowing this one, and clinching the win:

Counting flowers on the wall,
That don't bother me at all.
Playing Solitaire till dawn,
With a deck of fifty-one.
Smoking cigarettes and watching Captain Kangaroo.

Tenpoint5

I do expect full and complete compensation for that!! Would have loved to hear how you explained just how you knew that answer.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 21, 2009, 09:09:10 PM
I do expect full and complete compensation for that!! Would have loved to hear how you explained just how you knew that answer.

I got more then a few looks for knowing a line from an obscure Bob Marley song...   ::)

Tenpoint5

I can see you sitting at the table with a I just shot the neighbors cat look on your face and giggling like a school girl cause you knew the answer.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

hal4uk

BOB MARLEY?????  Uhhhh...
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

hal4uk

Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

squirtthecat

Quote from: hal4uk on November 21, 2009, 09:23:43 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flowers_on_the_Wall

Ok, I'll fess up.

Mom and Dad had that 8-track..  Along with Captain and Tennille, Jim Croce, etc.     I listened to them all.

If I... Had a box... Made for wishes...

hal4uk

Well, nice of you to come clean.
I won't poke no more fun at Art's. 
I meant to say, "it's very cosmopolitan".

BTW - even if 10.5 hadn't covered your butt, you coulda used one of your "Call A Friend" chips, and Bubba woulda saved ya.
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Tenpoint5

What do you mean Squirt I STILL have a working 8 track player and a whole bunch of that music. I even have a copy of Foreigner Head Games on 8 track

squirtthecat

I'm still not saying how I knew that Bob Marley lyric..    ;D

squirtthecat

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 21, 2009, 09:39:47 PM
What do you mean Squirt I STILL have a working 8 track player and a whole bunch of that music. I even have a copy of Foreigner Head Games on 8 track

I think the last of the 8-tracks were shot to sh*t during the fire at my mom and dad's place 2 years ago...

But I do remember them fondly.  Especially the cla-CLUNK mid-song during 'Flowers on the wall'  :D

KevinG

I still have a working 8 track also, have some Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, & a couple others I can't think of right now. Never could understand the popularity of these stupid things with the clunk.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Mr Walleye

:D  :D  :D

Oh boy do I remember that.... If you didn't have an under dash "Craig Power Play 8-Track" and some "Coaxial" spreakers in your "ride"... Well... you just weren't in the "in" crowd!  :D  ;D

Geezzz... We thought they sounded awesome!  ::)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes