Trivia Night

Started by squirtthecat, November 21, 2009, 08:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

I don't know how I get roped into these things...

Friends are having a trivia night for their school.   I figured we could bring some pulled pork for a few sandwiches to share..

Now we are looking at a table of 8-10 hungry people.

Time to raid the freezer!

Pulled pork and a bit of brisket, and 2 packages of venison sticks w/ jalepeno cheese..

Turkey breast, frozen SOLID.  In ya go:

When it gets in the 140 range, I'll put it on the gasser w/ some Pecan pucks down near the burners.   
This is going to be a TURBO smoke job.

Hopefull Romantic

Yes, but you can do it Squirt

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

hal4uk

I know I need to clean my glasses, but...
Did I really see that last picture???
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

squirtthecat

Quote from: hal4uk on November 21, 2009, 10:01:37 AM
I know I need to clean my glasses, but...
Did I really see that last picture???

Yes you did.  Frozen turkey in cooking bag.   Been in for an hour now, should be thawed enough to transfer to the Bradley for a couple hours of Apple/Oak - and then continue to 160*.

Thought about using the gasser, but we have 6.5 hours before we have to be there.  Plenty o' time.

hal4uk

You sure didn't get much notice...
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

squirtthecat

Quote from: hal4uk on November 21, 2009, 10:20:42 AM
You sure didn't get much notice...

No I didn't.  And little Irvette Lurline tore open the bag of dollar rolls I brought home last night to take with...  I caught her dismantling one in my hat on the kitchen table.  [sigh]

Turkey time!   I get to try out my new high temp screens from Yard & Pool as well..

squirtthecat

1/2 cooked turkey slathered in CT and some of Bubba's rib rub..   And some hot water with 'flavor' for the pan:

Smokin' now.     

I made the cardinal sin of getting the Maverick cable wet - so it is sending stupid high readings until it dries out.  >:(

Tenpoint5

If you have recently purchased your Maverick. Give them a call and tell them you did a bonehead move and ask if you could get a replacement. Warranty covers bonehead they will send you a new probe. Which is longer than the original. If not covered by warranty I think it is like $6 for a new one.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 21, 2009, 11:06:08 AM
If you have recently purchased your Maverick. Give them a call and tell them you did a bonehead move and ask if you could get a replacement. Warranty covers bonehead they will send you a new probe. Which is longer than the original. If not covered by warranty I think it is like $6 for a new one.

Thanks, I have spares as well.   I do like the 6' replacement ones better.

My other Maverick is keeping an eye on things now..

ArnieM

I don't know how you get roped into these things either, but I wish I lived a lot closer to you!  ;D  I guess you're just a mice guy.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

hal4uk

Arnie, if you lived close to Squirt, that would be about all you lived "close to".
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

squirtthecat

Quote from: hal4uk on November 21, 2009, 11:21:49 AM
Arnie, if you lived close to Squirt, that would be about all you lived "close to".

3 bars, a coal mine, a wind turbine and a grain elevator..

And Route 66, if you are into nostalgia.

At least this time I get to eat some of the food, as well as keep the leftovers!

ArnieM

Quote from: squirtthecat on November 21, 2009, 11:33:32 AM
Quote from: hal4uk on November 21, 2009, 11:21:49 AM

3 bars, a coal mine, a wind turbine and a grain elevator..

And Route 66, if you are into nostalgia.

Yep, drove it in the early seventies.  A friend was getting married in Lubbock, TX.  I drove down in my blue '69 T-Top 'vette. 

At least this time I get to eat some of the food, as well as keep the leftovers!
Good for you!

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

squirtthecat

Quote from: ArnieM on November 21, 2009, 12:42:47 PM
Yep, drove it in the early seventies.  A friend was getting married in Lubbock, TX.  I drove down in my blue '69 T-Top 'vette. 

If you were on the stretch through Central, IL, you might have seen this:

hal4uk

I'm going to Expedia right now, and see if I can book Art's Presidential Suite...
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby