• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Ok, here I go, need some ideas on prime rib??

Started by schneep, November 25, 2009, 06:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schneep

Retirement, Everyday's a Holiday, and every night's a Saturday night!!

Ka Honu

My favorite method is an hour of cold smoke, Saran wrap, rest overnight in the fridge, and roast in a slow oven to desired IT.

schneep

Plan on doing a 12 pounder, any help as to length of time would be great.

oakville smoker

I have done 3 of them so far, smoke for about 2 hours, expect to be ready sooner than later.
Any time I have done one I am always shocked at how quickly it cooks.

I even had some left overs ( does not happen very often ) in the freezer I pulled out, slapped it on the slicer and made
uber roast beef sammies for lunch.  Amazing !
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

schneep

Sorry for the delay, been working on the man cave , plus deer hunting!! wow, retirement is keeping me busier than when I was workin!!
The prime rib turned out fantastic!!!!!!!
2 hours of smoke @200 degrees, 2 hours @ 300 degrees  IT of 128 degrees in the oven and 3 hours of FTC

Retirement, Everyday's a Saturday!!

Ka Honu

Quote from: schneep on December 09, 2009, 10:06:52 AM...Retirement, Everyday's a Saturday!!

You must be new at this retirement thing.  If you do it right, every day is a holiday and every night's a Saturday night.

schneep

I like that idea!!

It took me a year to finally figure out retirement. :o

classicrockgriller

I have not retired but haven't gone to work in two years but could anyday if I had to but I don't want to.

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: classicrockgriller on December 09, 2009, 08:40:43 PM
I have not retired but haven't gone to work in two years but could anyday if I had to but I don't want to.

Now that is life
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

ArnieM

I'm not sure if I'm retired or not.  Been out of work for 9 months.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Huntnfreak

I only have 17 years, 5 months and 3 days left until I retire............ :( :'( :(

Ka Honu

Quote from: Huntnfreak on December 13, 2009, 07:16:44 PMI only have 17 years, 5 months and 3 days left until I retire...........

When you get down to 6000 days (in about a year) it'll be time to start your short-timer's calendar!