What Thanksgiving leftovers do you have? (and what will you do with them?)

Started by squirtthecat, November 26, 2009, 04:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

I thought it might be fun to discuss what we always seem to have left over after the Big T Day, and what creative things we do with all of it..

We do it simple here, so there isn't a whole lot left.   Turkey breast roast, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, muffins, couple types of canned cranberry goo, some muffins, etc.  I had some stuffed mushrooms that were 'Ok', but I don't think they will reheat well. Roasted Brussels sprouts in crumbled bacon and golden raisins..  Might be Ok reheated.

The turkey has a date with the slicer here in the next hour or so, it should be chilled enough in the fridge.   We'll do a few meals with the leftover casseroles (except that brown 'potato' gunk, I won't touch it), and I will vacpak the turkey slices in batches and freeze.     All in all, pretty simple.  Nothing to write home about.

What do you guys/gals do?

ronbeaux

Nachos!

Take some of those corn tortillas and cut them into 1/4's then fry them in a little oil till you like the color, trow on the meat and nacho stuff and pop into the oven at 400 until the cheese melts! These were brisket(I think) but turkey would also be good.

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

squirtthecat

I just got manhandled out of the kitchen...  But we start with

SAMMICHES!

(holy crud I have a lot of vac sealing to do later)

Tenpoint5

I know WE HAVE AN IRON CHEF Comp and and see just how creative we can get!!!! Its already posted folks.

Sorry Squirt Didn't want you to give away your ICB early So I HIJACKED your thread on your behalf!!!! ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

QuoteWE HAVE AN IRON CHEF Comp and and see just how creative we can get!!!! Its already posted folks.

Sorry Squirt Didn't want you to give away your ICB early So I HIJACKED your thread on your behalf!!!!

Game on!

This thread?

.. it's done.

seemore

Dang those nachos look great!!!
The turkey will be put to use in the Iron Chef competition.
Thanks to the nephews being over, there is little else that is left - some dressing, which I love to eat anyway.....
And CORN.  Lots of corn.  I am thinking of making a corn chowder with it.
Mrs S