• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Iron Chef V???

Started by Tenpoint5, November 26, 2009, 06:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

OK here it is. I have been asked to do a ONE ingredient Iron Chef. SO here it goes, Same basic rules still apply.

Basic Iron Chef rules:

Be creative on your recipes.

It can be as simple as a new ABT or a recipe that would take a snooty waiter in a fancy-schmancy restaurant 10 minutes to describe.

At least 80% of the cook time must be done in the Bradley Smoker, grill or other outdoor cooking method. Up to 20% of the cook time can be done on the stove, oven.

Use any spices or pre-made BBQ sauces, or other goodies as you wish.

The recipe is not limited to just the main ingredient. Your pantry is open and anything is fair game to be used in your recipe.

It can be breakfast, brunch, lunch, or supper, or midnight snack.

The Ingredient since the majority of folks have some:

LEFT OVER TURKEY

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

deb415611

hmmmmm,  left over turkey, I think I got some of that ;D

classicrockgriller

Out of Three Turkeys I smoked/brined/BE/TRaegered, I do not have a drop of Turkey.

Tiny Tim

King Kong is gone, but the funny thing is, the Tripthan (or whatever it is) hasn't kicked in ye...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Okay, my attempt at being funny.  Currently don't have an idea that can be done with an outdoor method unless I would happen to move my microwave outside, and that ain't gonna happen.

ronbeaux

The only thing I can do with what is left of my cured turkey is make a stock. It disappeared. I do have plenty of plan B turkey left so I'm in.
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

Caribou

Quote from: classicrockgriller on November 26, 2009, 08:37:34 PM
Out of Three Turkeys I smoked/brined/BE/TRaegered, I do not have a drop of Turkey.
If my house guests eat all the turkey, I have a back up turkey breast in the freezer  :D
Carolyn

squirtthecat

I've got a little bit left...     ;)

KevinG

Only got a couple of sandwiches worth. It all went.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

squirtthecat

What's the cutoff date?   The grocery stores are all near the mega congested 'Black Friday' shopping areas..

Although, I think I can pull something together with stuff from the fridge/freezer/pantry.

Tenpoint5

I don't care.  Should we do One ingredient = One week or go with the traditional 2 weeks?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ronbeaux

I vote one week. I already did mine.
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

squirtthecat

Works for me..  I'm doing mine tomorrow. (only day w/ decent weather)

oakville smoker

As us Canadians were premature with our Thanksgiving celebrations, we could only offer virtual left over turkey.
Good luck all
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

classicrockgriller

A "Virtual Left Over Turkey ICB" is probably something that will happen one day. ;D ;D ::)

Caribou

I'm going to vote for 2 weeks.
Carolyn