1st Jerky in the Bradley

Started by HawkeyeSmokes, November 28, 2009, 08:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HawkeyeSmokes

Here's a couple pics of my first jerky in the Bradley. Used LEM original seasoning and added cracked pepper and garlic powder after an overnight soak. Did a couple racks of peanuts using Seemores suggestion too. Both came out very good. I will be doing more of each.

6 racks ready to smoke.

A couple racks of peanuts too.

Finished jerky.
HawkeyeSmokes

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Hopefull Romantic

I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

NePaSmoKer

MMMMMMMM Jerky

Looks good HS  ;D

nepas

RAF128

Up until now I've done all my jerky in a dehydrator.   Had to add liquid smoke during seasoning and curing.   After I bought my 6 rackBDS and got it rigged so I could use it in the garage I made a batch.   It was great.   I've done a couple more batches since.   Just finished a batch made from a round roast from an elk.   I've made jerky using ground meat and with the jerky racks I bought I'll be able to do it in the Bradly too.

Quarlow

Right on RAF got to love the jerky.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

classicrockgriller

HS, that is some nice looking jerky.

What was the meat, or did I miss that?

Looks great!

squirtthecat

I picked up a LEM jerky kit this weekend...  Looking forward to trying it out now!

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: squirtthecat on December 01, 2009, 09:06:25 AM

I picked up a LEM jerky kit this weekend...  Looking forward to trying it out now!

This is the first I have used the LEM seasoning. It turned out perfect for my taste by adding the black pepper and garlic powder. Good luck with it!

Quote from: classicrockgriller on December 01, 2009, 09:04:21 AM
HS, that is some nice looking jerky.

What was the meat, or did I miss that?

Looks great!

CRG, I used top round roast for it. Cut it with the grain because I like my jerky to be chewy.
HawkeyeSmokes

OU812

Looking good HS

The LEM jerky seasonings are some of the best I have found.

How did the peanuts turn out for ya?

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: OU812 on December 01, 2009, 10:14:43 AM
Looking good HS

The peanuts are great OU. In fact, I did up a batch again last night as these ones were about gone.
HawkeyeSmokes

squirtthecat

How much smoke did you hit them with?

I'm going to smoke mine, then finish in my dehydrator.   It's racks are small enough that I *think* I can put them right into my Bradley.

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: squirtthecat on December 01, 2009, 10:59:47 AM

How much smoke did you hit them with?

I'm going to smoke mine, then finish in my dehydrator.   It's racks are small enough that I *think* I can put them right into my Bradley.

I used 1:40 minutes of smoke. Finishing it in the dehydrator should work well for you. I finished mine in the Bradley and it was a bear trying to control the temp. Just got the Auber PID yesterday and that should help a lot.
HawkeyeSmokes

OU812

Quote from: HawkeyeSmokes on December 01, 2009, 10:44:25 AM
Quote from: OU812 on December 01, 2009, 10:14:43 AM
Looking good HS

The peanuts are great OU. In fact, I did up a batch again last night as these ones were about gone.

The peanuts are always a hit around here also. Had a jar on my desk when I left for some huntin and when I got back the jar was empty with a sticky note on it saying "This needs to be filled again" with a smiley face. Dam peanut pirates.