add this to your Christmas list

Started by keanjr, November 29, 2009, 12:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keanjr

this needs to be added to every persons Christmas list who loves to grill and experiment. I have a 4 rack digital and have enjoyed using it twice this weekend. My first smoke was a 5lb chicken. Very simple 2 hours of maple smoke, 230 temp. rubbed with olive oil and added my favorite rub JB's Fat Boy sweet rub which is for chicken. total cook time of 4.5 hours. next day i smoked a 6.5lb. turkey breast. i rubbed in Moton Tender Quick and bagged it overnight in the fridge. rinsed throughly in the morning let it dry for an hour added olive oil and a few seasonings. set the temp at 230 with 4 hours of apple smoke and pulled it when IT was at 162 4.5 hours later. it was very moist with a ham flavor. I love the smell from the smoker while the meat is cooking and smoking. the unit sits right outside the sun room door on the deck. I am excited to figure out what will be next in y new smoker.

Mr Walleye

Hi Keanjr and welcome to the forum.

Looks like your off to a great start... the sky is the limit!  ;)

I see you mentioned a JB product, are you from Sasktchewan?

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

keanjr

I am from SD. JB's sauces and rubs are sold at our local grocery store. I love the flavor. I have used the all purpose on ribs and now the sweet rub on chicken. My kind of flavor.

Mr Walleye

JB's is located in Regina, I'm in Moose Jaw, about 45 minutes west of Regina. When ever I'm in Regina I usually stop in to see what I just can't live without.  :D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes