Cold weather.

Started by MPTubbs, December 02, 2009, 10:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hal4uk

ARRRRR ARRRRRR!!!  I bought a new John Deere garden tractor for my yard this year...  The dealer had it way back in one of many giant buildings out back...  Had to walk under some new combines to get back there.  My "big bad@ss" new tractor is about the size of one of the lug nuts on one of those puppies...  Talk about "heavy equipment"...
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Quarlow

Yea I started young too. When I was real little My dads cousin would give us rides in the bucket of his backhoe. Then My dad and his brother (my uncle) had ripsnortin' dunebuggys. Dad's had a 386 with a 6pack. Then my dad had a backhoe for afew years and we mess around with that. As a teen I worked on a potato farm and run all the equipment there. Our neighbor growing up was a small cat operator before excavators were the thing to use and I would go with him on saturdays to ride around and at lunch he would let me mess with it. Then they traded those for excavators and I would spend every minute I could hanging of the side of those which was quite the feat as they didn't have cat walks on the side then. And again at lunch I would move the piles of dirt that he had dug back and forth. In the first year of my marriage you couldn't get a job around here to safe your life so when I was offered a job on a cattle ranch in the middle of nowhere we loaded up the old ramcharge and headed for that boonies. I spent 3 years there and then broke my ankle so we had to move back to my dads place. I got my class 1 license through worker's rehab and off I went. About 2 years later the guy from the ranch ask me if I wanted to come back and we spent another 3 years there till our 2 daughters were born. So back to home we went and then it's been 29 years of pounding semi's around town and over the road and through the woods and up some mountains. Well you get the picture. Ok well thats my life story sort of. Hope I didn't bore anyone.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

squirtthecat

Quote from: Quarlow on December 10, 2009, 06:47:24 PM
Yea I started young too. When I was real little My dads cousin would give us rides in the bucket of his backhoe. Then My dad and his brother (my uncle) had ripsnortin' dunebuggys. Dad's had a 386 with a 6pack. Then my dad had a backhoe for afew years and we mess around with that. As a teen I worked on a potato farm and run all the equipment there. Our neighbor growing up was a small cat operator before excavators were the thing to use and I would go with him on saturdays to ride around and at lunch he would let me mess with it. Then they traded those for excavators and I would spend every minute I could hanging of the side of those which was quite the feat as they didn't have cat walks on the side then. And again at lunch I would move the piles of dirt that he had dug back and forth. In the first year of my marriage you couldn't get a job around here to safe your life so when I was offered a job on a cattle ranch in the middle of nowhere we loaded up the old ramcharge and headed for that boonies. I spent 3 years there and then broke my ankle so we had to move back to my dads place. I got my class 1 license through worker's rehab and off I went. About 2 years later the guy from the ranch ask me if I wanted to come back and we spent another 3 years there till our 2 daughters were born. So back to home we went and then it's been 29 years of pounding semi's around town and over the road and through the woods and up some mountains. Well you get the picture. Ok well thats my life story sort of. Hope I didn't bore anyone.

The complete works of Quarlow in 60 Seconds!    ;)

Huntnfreak

Growing up on the farm I was always working with farm machinery.  Granted the farm implements where I am are more like toys compared to those in Illinois.  From there I worked in a gravel pit running endloaders and dump trucks.  The most fun I've had though is driving over the road in my semi's. 

MPTubbs

Ok-ok....I'm going to the store in my diesel John Deer rock hauler backhoe right out of the rock quarry to pick up the fix"n for ABT'S.

Got it!
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

hal4uk

They're pretty amazing up close...

Kinda reminds me of these big wind turbines popping up everywhere - You can see from a distance that they're BIG...  But when you get up close - HOLY MOLEEEEEE...
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Huntnfreak

:D ;D :D ;D      You can take the boy off the farm, but you can't take the farm out of the boy!

MPTubbs

Just bought the Maverick 73 for Saturdays smoke.

On the "food" side I can not get the temp to program below 176f.

The instructions say that 176f is the default setting

How do U get past the default setting?  HELP!

Mike.

OU812

Quote from: Huntnfreak on December 10, 2009, 07:31:00 PM
:D ;D :D ;D      You can take the boy off the farm, but you can't take the farm out of the boy!

Ditto

Quote from: mptubbs on December 11, 2009, 08:21:49 AM

Mike.

Have you tried pushing the temp set button then the temp down button?

MPTubbs

Quote from: OU812 on December 11, 2009, 08:31:18 AM
Quote from: Huntnfreak on December 10, 2009, 07:31:00 PM

Ditto

Quote from: mptubbs on December 11, 2009, 08:21:49 AM

Mike.

Have you tried pushing the temp set button then the temp down button?

If I go to set the "food" temp and then hit to "low" setting all that does is sets the tower's low setting whitch is on the tower side of the remote.  The food side of the remote does not have a low button.

OU812

Man, now you have me scratching my head. I'm trying to remember the steps but I dont have the Maverick in front of me, it would be easyer if I did.

KevinG

You have to hold the HI Food button and let it scroll past 300 or something like that (I can't tell you the exact number cause I'm using mine now), then it will start over at 1. (But you only get one food setting, no high or low).
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

MPTubbs

Quote from: KevinG on December 11, 2009, 10:53:02 AM
You have to hold the HI Food button and let it scroll past 300 or something like that (I can't tell you the exact number cause I'm using mine now), then it will start over at 1. (But you only get one food setting, no high or low).

Ok got it! It's 400 and it will start over.
Why don't they tell U that in the instructions?

OU812

Good deal, now I can quit scratching my head.

MPTubbs