BS made in China ???

Started by Valkyrie, March 13, 2005, 01:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valkyrie

I've seen «live» my first BS in a store in Québec, and foud that it was made in China[:(]. I was sure that it was made in British Columbia, Canada. I know that Chinese are able to do pretty good things, but also very very cheep things. I mean, in the long term, does the BS will keep working good ?
Is there anyone who have one since a long time?
Anyway, I will probably buy one made of stainless steel. The price should be 499$ canadian dollar. Is it a deal?
By the way, thanks to johnintx1 who made clear that I can use the BS in the Québec Winter.
Have a nice sunshine day to everyone!

Valkyrie

Harpo

Hello I to am new to the BS, although I have done smoking before in other machines. When I purchased my machine there was an older gentleman there, he asked the sales attenedent to get a magnet, the magnet stuck to the stainless steel, to this the older man replied it was not good stainless, so I bought the black one, outside of the apperrance of the stainless I did not think the extra money was worth it and either did the older man. He also purchased the black one. Just one persons opinion, hope its helpfull, I just received my machine for Christmas from my wife, but I did do alot of looking at other machines and found this one to be the best for the price.
Good Luck[:D]
Harpo

Oldman

Without a doubt there are several grades of Stainless Steel. I purchased the SS model for one reason. The "look."  I've have had mine about one year and it still looks great. So for the reason I purchased it there is enough of Stainless in it to do the job.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Chez Bubba

I bought my black one long before SS was an option. It will be celebrating it's 4th birthday soon. And thousands of pounds of meat under it's (or my) belt!

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

tsquared

$499 is a standard price for a SS in Canadian pesos. As you probably know, any Canadian Tire store  carries them for that price. Chez Bubba (host of this forum) carries the smokers and wood and accessories and is an excellent guy to deal with. I bought jerky racks and bubba pucks from him. I bought a SS Bradley in November from Canadian Tire as I liked the look of it too and haven't regretted it. The former posts are right, tho, the end product is exactly the same whether you use stainless or the black version.
Cheers and good smoking,
Tom

whitetailfan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Valkyrie</i>
<br />I've seen «live» my first BS in a store in Québec, and found that it was made in China[:(]. I was sure that it was made in British Columbia, Canada.[/br]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Bradley Technologies is located in B.C.  It is my understanding that Mr. Bradley developed the product which is why it is named after the family.  I myself had my eyes opened to the production country by our administrator Mr. Bubba.  Just because it is produced overseas does not mean the design is bad.  As he indicated, Chez Bubba's first Bradley is now 4 years old[:)]
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><br />The price should be 499$ canadian dollar. Is it a deal?[/br]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
That is a standard price for a SS unit at a store here in Canada.  Canadian Tire sells them for that as T2 mentioned.  Regular pricing is typically $400black $500SS.  Once in a while they go on sale for anywhere from $350-380 CDN for the black, plus taxes.
HTH[8D]

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

BigRed

I agree with the post on the Black vs Stainless. Stainless is a pain to keep clean. They both smoke the same and why pay more for the same taste? I have had my Black BS for a year and it works just fine!

BigRED

Valkyrie

OK guys about Canadian Tire: maybe in western Canada they keep this machine, but here, in Québec City, I think that nobody knows what I'm talking about when I speak about smoking food. Everybody forgot where they are coming from. Maybe I'm gonna act as a pionneer just like our ancestors did: experience the thing by myself. But I have an advantage: I HAVE THE BS FORUM [^]. And by now, I've learn more in this forum in the last week than I did in the last two years searching everywhere infos about smoking. Keep giving me feedback, even if my writing have errors. FORTUNATELY I KNOW, BECAUSE OF YOU ALL WHO HELPED ME TAKING A DECISION, THAT I WILL SOON HAVE MY SS BS.
Thank you !

Valkyrie

Chez Bubba

Valkyrie,

Merci beaucoup![8D]

And don't launch into a big response in French, 'cause that's all I know![;)][:)][8D]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Oldman

Valkyrie,
Welcome to the Bradley family~~!

Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

Valkyrie Hello and welcome to the forum. you will love your new bradley[:D]

St. Helens Smoker

Welcome Valkyrie, you will love the BS...this one of the best toys I've bought in quite awhile, and am thoroughly enjoying it as I feel assured you will as well..Enjoy!!