• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Cad programs

Started by Quarlow, December 04, 2009, 09:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

Does anyone know of a cheap and easy CAD program?
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

squirtthecat

I haven't been around that stuff in years.. (did some contract work for Bunn Corporation in Springfield, they had a lot of cad stuff)

I'll sniff around.

BigJohnT would probably know more about it.

Quarlow

I have a copy of "AutoCad 2000" but it is way to extensive. The guy I got the copy from showed me the manual for it. It was the size of a phone book and just as thick. I also have a cheap program I bought for $10 called "AutoCad complete" it is actually just what I need but it won't run on "Windows XP" and my comp is not healthy enough to run anything other than surfing the net. I used it a couple of times to lay out a guys shop he wanted to build, it would probably been faster for me to do it with paper and pencil. Anyway thanks STC.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

KevinG

The first one I bought was reasonably priced, but it was a long time ago and I don't know if they still make it. It's called Generic Cadd the version was 6.0. It is an excellent and easy to learn program very similar to autocad. It doesn't do 3D if that's what you are looking for. I later bought Turbo Cad 2D and 3D, it's a little harder to learn, but it does 3D.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG