Big Bambi Sticks

Started by NePaSmoKer, December 06, 2009, 10:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Two of my buddies just showed up with 36lbs of venison. Said how many sticks can you make from this.  Like bunches  :D  ;D

Guess its time to fire up the big house  ;D

nepas

KyNola

SWEET! 

Your hunting buddies are keeping you busy aren't they?  It's great to have friends who feel like they can come to you and say "here's what I need, can you do it?".

KyNola

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: KyNola on December 06, 2009, 11:19:18 AM
SWEET! 

Your hunting buddies are keeping you busy aren't they?  It's great to have friends who feel like they can come to you and say "here's what I need, can you do it?".

KyNola

Yeah i have some good friends. Its going to hard to leave them when we go south.

BTW

Me and Mrs will be in NC in March for a week. Are you and Jan free?

nepas

KyNola

Unfortunately probably not as I still have a job.  Jan is retired and I'm hoping to do the same soon but not quite yet.  You must already be running low on CT and Scott's, making another run to NC! :D

KyNola

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: KyNola on December 06, 2009, 11:59:08 AM
Unfortunately probably not as I still have a job.  Jan is retired and I'm hoping to do the same soon but not quite yet.  You must already be running low on CT and Scott's, making another run to NC! :D

KyNola

Yeah always need to stock up on CT and Scotts. This trip is to visit our daughter in law at Bragg.

So the sticks stalled at 138* but i finally had to bump the heat cuz its cold out. So now its bloom time  ;D

nepas

KyNola

Thought maybe you were heading over to Bragg.

KyNola

Smokin Soon

My Ct bills are killin me here. I love the stuff. We need a chemist here to come up with a sub of the "Cooking Sauce" and the Original "BBQ Sauce" Ky, could we get Jan on this project?

KyNola

Jan would jump on that like a duck on a junebug or Sandy Duncan on a Wheat Thin.(you older guys will get it :D)  Problem is, we have never tasted it and have no access to it.

KyNola

squirtthecat

Quote from: KyNola on December 06, 2009, 07:10:13 PM
Jan would jump on that like a duck on a junebug or Sandy Duncan on a Wheat Thin.(you older guys will get it :D)  Problem is, we have never tasted it and have no access to it.

KyNola

Give me a day or two...   I've got piles of it in the garage.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: KyNola on December 06, 2009, 07:10:13 PM
Jan would jump on that like a duck on a junebug or Sandy Duncan on a Wheat Thin.(you older guys will get it :D)  Problem is, we have never tasted it and have no access to it.

KyNola

Now how can she see the wheat thin?  She only got 1 eye.

KevinG

Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

NePaSmoKer

ronbeaux

Yes! Yumm! That's what I bought this new toyool for. Stuff like this. Yes.
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

NePaSmoKer

Here are some of the sticks hanging to dry this morning. Its cold out so i imagine they are going to take from 9 to 17 hours to do.

I wanted to doo all 50 pounds but the other venison is still frozen some.

Here is the SS pan i use to cover the flame. I use a smaller SS wood chip pan inside of the large pan right over the flame. If the weather hold out this week i am going to fit a OBS smoke generator to the side.

The ET is holding steady for the dry time. Got about 45 mins left yet. My ET is about 87 ft away. The LOS is not straight.

nepas

NePaSmoKer

Smoker IT is 165* stick IT is 129*

nepas