• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

What do deer hunting and the swine flu have in common...me

Started by dbrown1, December 08, 2009, 06:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbrown1

Hello all, long story short, stayed on a boat for a week with some friends in Kodiak hunting.
One friend had the swine flu, then the next and the next... I survived it until I got off the boat.
Just released from the hospital yesterday still feel like crap. Will be in touch and will post pictures as soon as I feel a little better.

Take care and talk to all of you soon

classicrockgriller

db, I hate to hear that. Take care of yourself. Geez!
Hope to see you up and smokin soon.

Quarlow

Db you got to pick a better class of hunting partners. if I was going to go on a hunt and infect everyone else I would stay home. That said I never get sick, so when are you picking me up at the airport for our big Alaska hunt of a lifetime. ;D ;D ;) ;)
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Tenpoint5

Was we hunting bear or black tail? I would love to get back up there and do some moose hunting. Maybe even get one this time
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

outdoorsfellar

Wow.... some friend ! I take it you guys threw him overboard ??       ;D

KevinG

Yea, I think I'd have to give him a good swift kick in the curly tailed arse!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

dbrown1

We went blacktail hunting, was a blast and as to throwing him overboard had we known it was the swine flu that would not have been out of the realm of possibility.
It was a great trip beautiful mountains and some true hunting. The weather was pretty bad for most of the week except for the one day. I managed to kill a 160lb. doe (that's big for a blacktail) at 250 yards out. I had killed another earlier that day but when we got to its location something else had claimed it. I would have taken pictures of that but was more worried about not messing my pants. Huge bear, anyhow I am finally getting up and around feeling better and should be back to work on Monday so that is a bonus (I think). I would highly recommend the hunting trip I went on if anyone ever wants to come up here. www.alaskasportfishing.com

Anyhow Quarlow as soon as I become independently wealthy I'll send you that plane ticket  ;D

Quarlow

;D ;D Yeah I hear ya. I am going to win the lottery and I'll be up there next weekend eh.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

dbrown1

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 08, 2009, 09:45:32 PM
Was we hunting bear or black tail? I would love to get back up there and do some moose hunting. Maybe even get one this time
If you do get back up here for moose let me know I can ask around from some of my friends and should be able to give some advice on some good areas of success.

hal4uk

Awright... I just gotta know...

Do you Canadians really have any bears up there?
I know a guy that went up there bear hunting for TWO WEEKS...
He comes home, and all he's got is a scrawney lookin' duck.

And I know for a fact he DID go up there bear huntin'...
I saw all the pictures with my own eyes... of them drinkin' beer in some lodge...
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Quarlow

ssshhh db quiet don't let out the secrets..........Um no we don't have any bears up here they...ah.. they ..ah had to go reprimer the jeep yaya thats what it is. They had to goooo reprimer the jeep!. ssshhh db don't let it out of the bag man.

OBS
BBQ

car54

Dbrown1,

I can not even imagine how sick you were to be hospitalized. I'm glad that you are feeling better and I am sure that your glad for that also.

Brad

Hopefull Romantic

DB, sorry to hear about you contracting the flu and glad you are out of the hospital.

Looking forward to see you back fishing and smoking soon.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

_Bear_

That sucks about being sick, at least you never got it untill after you were done. As far as bears in Canada, here is a little one feeding on berries on the side of the road in the Crowsnest Pass this summer. We were within 10 feet of it and it just ignored us.

Bradly Digital 6 rack smoker
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ
"Cant hurt it, it's already dead"

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!