• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Look what Deb sent me!

Started by Caribou, December 09, 2009, 06:31:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caribou

Deb sent me the nicest Christmas gift!
It has everything to get me started in making cheese, some wildflower honey and some cute toys for Emma along with some maple candy, too.

So, after the holiday rush, I'm going to try my hand at making cheese and I'll share may attempts with the forum (of course!).
I can't wait!
Can't thank you enough Deb!  :)
Carolyn

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KevinG

That's pretty neat, I've never seen a cheese making kit. I did however notice it's missing one key ingredient. Some type of animal to get the milk from.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Caribou

Quote from: KevinG on December 09, 2009, 06:57:23 AM
That's pretty neat, I've never seen a cheese making kit. I did however notice it's missing one key ingredient. Some type of animal to get the milk from.
Oh, I got connections.  ;)
I know a few folks with milking cows and goats...sheep milk might be a little more difficult to find.  Store-bought works, too.
It's not shown very well in the pic but Deb sent me several cultures and starters/additives too.
Carolyn

squirtthecat

That is really cool...  I don't know of a single person who has made their own cheese..  (other than the Amish folk over in Arthur, IL)

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Ka Honu

I can see we're in for a whole new round of bad jokes about cutting the cheese, this time featuring Carolyn (with coaching by Deb).

deb415611

Quote from: Caribou on December 09, 2009, 06:31:12 AM

and some cute toys for Emma along with some maple candy, too.

I figure every Idahoan Blue Coated Chicken Whisperer needs a flying screaming chicken to tame

Quarlow

Very nice Carolyn. That is something I have wanted to try. It is apparently not that hard. I think I will look into it seeing as I have so much time on my hands.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

deb that is a very nice gift and I know Caroly will be a cheese maker before very long.

You Ladies did a great job! Can't wait to see Carolyn cut the cheese. :D :D

NePaSmoKer

Very nice there ladies.

And i aint going to the cutting the cheese dept  :D  :D

nepas

Gizmo

Quote from: classicrockgriller on December 09, 2009, 11:43:10 AM
deb that is a very nice gift and I know Caroly will be a cheese maker before very long.

You Ladies did a great job! Can't wait to see Carolyn cut the cheese. :D :D

Is that what they call a Cheese Whiz ?
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

OU812

Thats a great idea, every thing you need to make cheese.

Cant wait to see how you do.