Deb & Caribou

Started by classicrockgriller, December 10, 2009, 08:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

I got my book and I am ready for class. When do they start.

Caribou

CRG!  :D :D :D
Well, you are ready!
I'm still reading the book myself.
I'm thinking about trying a soft cheese after I finish all my Christmas chores.
Have you started reading?
Carolyn

classicrockgriller

Just got it today and have glanced thru it.

classicrockgriller

You and deb could teach cheese making 101

Caribou

Quote from: classicrockgriller on December 10, 2009, 08:48:01 PM
You and deb could teach cheese making 101
I got to read the book first  :D
Carolyn

classicrockgriller

Well hurry up and we can all cut the cheese together. :D

Ka Honu

Quote from: classicrockgriller on December 10, 2009, 08:55:27 PMWell hurry up and we can all cut the cheese together.

Geez, I'm glad I wasn't the first one to say that.

deb415611

Cool CRG!

I have read the book ;D (a few times).  The goal is to spend Sunday making cheese.  If humanly possible (but I usually line up more than possible on a weekend) we will be making mascarpone, 30 minute mozzarella and farmhouse cheddar.   My cousin is coming over to do it with me and I warned her that we had to take pictures through the process :D

The mascarpone should keep for a couple weeks and I'm thinking cannolis for Christmas.  I may make a batch of ricotta next weekend so we can compare fillings ;D

For anyone that might be interested that book is pretty inexpensive on amazon.  It is written by the woman at this website http://www.cheesemaking.com/ which is where I have bought most of my supplies. 

I have also been doing some reading here http://cheeseforum.org/  the people here are helpful though they don't seem to get quite as off topic as this forum :D 

Ka Honu

Quote from: deb415611 on December 11, 2009, 04:08:06 AM... they don't seem to get quite as off topic as this forum

You say that like it's a bad thing.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: deb415611 on December 11, 2009, 04:08:06 AM
Cool CRG!

I have read the book ;D (a few times).  The goal is to spend Sunday making cheese.  If humanly possible (but I usually line up more than possible on a weekend) we will be making mascarpone, 30 minute mozzarella and farmhouse cheddar.   My cousin is coming over to do it with me and I warned her that we had to take pictures through the process :D

The mascarpone should keep for a couple weeks and I'm thinking cannolis for Christmas.  I may make a batch of ricotta next weekend so we can compare fillings ;D

For anyone that might be interested that book is pretty inexpensive on amazon.  It is written by the woman at this website http://www.cheesemaking.com/ which is where I have bought most of my supplies. 

I have also been doing some reading here http://cheeseforum.org/  the people here are helpful though they don't seem to get quite as off topic as this forum :D 

I am going to read about the cheese mentioned so it won't seem like a foriegn language when you post

"Watch Deb cut the Cheese" ;D

That's a cheesy joke and I will stop.

I really didn't know I got lucky and got the exact book until I relooked at Caribou's post.

Looking forward to you great cheese making skills. And Thanks.

Caribou

I think Mascarpone is the first one I want to attempt.
I always see Giada putting it on everything and I have never tasted it before.
Carolyn

OU812

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Cheese, me likes cheese but some dont like me.  ::)

I will keep an eye out for the results of cheese makeing 101

Quarlow

Hey CRG did you see that crazy looking grill they had on that cheese forum deb put up. It's at the bottom of the home page, if you click on it you get a bigger pic.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Quarlow on December 11, 2009, 12:09:46 PM
Hey CRG did you see that crazy looking grill they had on that cheese forum deb put up. It's at the bottom of the home page, if you click on it you get a bigger pic.

That is crazy, really can't figure it out.

squirtthecat

Quote from: classicrockgriller on December 11, 2009, 12:37:32 PM
Quote from: Quarlow on December 11, 2009, 12:09:46 PM

That is crazy, really can't figure it out.

It's an old PC case, laying on it's side full of charcoal..   I definitely wouldn't eat anything off of that!