• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Need A Few Good Words

Started by NePaSmoKer, December 11, 2009, 05:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Hi Everyone

I know allot of you have seen me talk about me neighbor, they are like family to us. This morning his father in law died. The cancer got him in just a 3 week period.

He was at the NEPA smokeout and just raved at how people who never met got along like they been friends forever.

nepas

squirtthecat

So sorry to hear that...    That's just awful.

Thoughts and prayers are with them. (and you guys)

KevinG

Words cannot describe my sorrow.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

deb415611

Rick,

That's nasty quick, someone else I know just went through the same.  Tell your neighbors how sorry we are.  Good thoughts are directed at NePa.

Deb

Hopefull Romantic

Please convey my deepest condolances and support in their grief and yours.

It is beyond my vocabulary to describe how I feel when I hear about a good person passing away.

Hady
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

KyNola

Rick,
Jan and I are so sorry for the loss.  Please tell your neighbors that they have folks that they have never met lifting them up through this time.

Larry

FLBentRider

We are sorry for you Loss, Rick - our condolences and prayers are with you.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

sodak

Prayers for your neighbors.  Remember, the reason for Christmas is a promise for all of us.

OU812

I am so sorry to here about your neighbors father in law, hearing stuff like this makes my heart feel heavy. My thoughts and prayers are with them and you.

oakville smoker

Sorry to hear about this.
My Mother went mysteriously into the hospital, no one knew what it was. 6 days later she was gone with cancer
That was 19 years ago and I still get teary eyed thinking about it
Give them a hug for me, that tends to be some of the best medicine
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

Quarlow

Sorry to hear this NePaS not that anytime of the year is good but this seems to be the worst time, when we are all thinking about each other and doing little things to make it special. Then a loved one leaves us it puts a damper on the spirit and the soul. Please send our condolences. And just remember all the pain is gone for him now.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

seemore

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours, Nepas.
Scott & June

hal4uk

Nepas,

I've kinda been "watching" this thread...

Every time I need words like that, I come up empty too.
Lemme know if you ever figure it out.

When we were about 13 years old, I was with my best friend at the hospital when his momma died.
I never said a word.  Everything I thought of sounded so useless.
Took me about 20 years to mention to him why.
He just said, "I knew that".

Prayers with ya, buddy.

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Tenpoint5

Sory to hear about that Nepa's Thoughts go out to your neighbors.

Now to the question you asked. It may sounds cold hearted but I am speaking from a current situation with my FIL. It was better for him to pass quickly and easily then have to live through half or your thigh being removed only to find out it has moved to your lungs after you went through radiation treatments. Then have 1/4 of your lung removed with a orange sized tumor go through chemo then find out it has moved to other parts of your lungs. Going through surgery to have the lumps removed and having a lung collapse before they got the last one out. Get pain in your chest have it checked only to find out the tumors are back again. Doing chemo again. Knowing that if they can beat the cancer that has gone to his lungs it show up next in either his liver or kidneys I forget. Yes passing quickly and easily is much better. So for your neighbors father I am glad he didn't have to suffer through everything and it was quick.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caribou

I'm sorry to hear that Nepas.
Thoughts and prayers are with your friends.
Cancer can be so cruel.
Carolyn