• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Dinner with Brian and his wife Lilly

Started by seemore, December 11, 2009, 03:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemore

When we were asked by Brian to find some area restaurants for potential Christmas parties for him, Lilly, and his staff in the Galesburg, IL office, we jumped at the chance.
We gave him a few suggestions - that his staff then ran with.  We then asked how long he would be in town and if it might be possible to take him and his wife to dinner.
We got that opportunity last night.  We met them at a local restaurant and had a wonderful time!
Brian and Lilly are fun people, and very down to Earth!  The evening had to end all too soon, as they had to drive back to Galesburg.  Normally that is not a bad drive (only about 40 minutes), but with the sub-zero temps the interstates were icy.
We gave them a couple of gifts from this region.  One was a pig made by a local artist to remind them of us Iowegians.  The other was a hat - made in China, of course -  that read "Quad Cities".
Brian and Lilly gave us a gift as well:

These pucks will be saved and used for special occasions.
Thanks again, Brian, for a great evening!
Scott & June

squirtthecat

No kidding - Bradley has an office in Galesburg??

hal4uk

Stopped at the Galesburg exit many a time...
Looks just like my exit...
And Squirt's exit..

Ummm yeahhhhh....
We call that "corn"
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

seemore

Squirt, double-check with Brian on the address.  I believe it is down by the old train depot?
seemore

seemore

And I need to correct myself:  it is a WAREHOUSE, not an office.
It is a distribution warehouse for the US.

Quarlow

Very nice seemore I think that makes you an ambassador doesn't it. :) :)
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

squirtthecat

Quote from: seemore on December 11, 2009, 03:58:50 PM
And I need to correct myself:  it is a WAREHOUSE, not an office.
It is a distribution warehouse for the US.

Well, good to know!

Maybe I can run up (Hal and I are Springfield-ish-ians) and knock on one of the big doors and do some shopping..   :D

hal4uk

Yeah!  Grab your sunglasses... 
I'll create the distraction, while you slide a pallet of Hickory Hockey Pucks out the back...
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

seemore

Q, I would LOVE to be an ambassador to Canada.
Then I could come up to visit ALL THE TIME!
Canada is on the list of our MUST DO vacations.  Don't laugh, but I have always wanted to go the Churchill, Manitoba during the polar bear migration to watch them.
Mrs

Tenpoint5

I really wish I didn't have to work that night. I would have drove down and joined you guys. Sounds like you all had a great time.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

seemore

Chris, it was incomplete without you there.
Now you have to come down here to get your gift!!
Mrs

Slamdunk

Mrs Seemore,

I hear the polar bears are really hungry this year and are wishing there were more visitors coming their way  :-*

Quarlow

Quote from: seemore on December 11, 2009, 05:59:53 PM
Q, I would LOVE to be an ambassador to Canada.
Then I could come up to visit ALL THE TIME!
Canada is on the list of our MUST DO vacations.  Don't laugh, but I have always wanted to go the Churchill, Manitoba during the polar bear migration to watch them.
Mrs
Well I have to say that is something that I would like to see too. Not too many of those around here. I suppose I could find my way up the coast 4 or 5 days to see the kermodes but thats the closest thing to a white bear to me. The polars are definitely beautiful though.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Bradley (Head Office)

Scott & June

The pleasure was all ours, It was very nice meeting the both of you and we had a great time.
It was to bad that Chris had to work would have liked to meet him and his wife as well.

Brian

classicrockgriller

That is just neat as heck that you guys got to meet and visit.

I know the conversation never ventured toward the Bradley smoker. ;D

You guys are probably lucky Chris couldn't make it, He isn't any fun! :D :D

Them Crown Royal Pucks are a thing of beauty. When you use them, think
about me cause I may have helped empty the barrel they came from. ;D :D