Westex snack sticks

Started by OU812, December 16, 2009, 03:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Tabys best friend Mel wanted some snack sticks made out of the deer she got this year, she brought over the hole hind quarter. Heres the first grind, the deer, the fat and the pork.

Now I add the butter milk and the spices then let it sit a bit before I add the distilled water.

Added the water and after the second grind.

First run ready to get cut to length.

And the second ready.

Forgot to get a pict of them before they went in the smoker but this is what they look like coming out.

Now I cut them in half and package.

Out the door with a big smile on Mel's face and a big hug for the old man.

KevinG

I think I got dizzy looking at all those turns. Stop the spinning -  ;D Nice job OU.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

dbondy

WOW another great job OU, looks like you may have extra, maybe you can send some my way. ;D

classicrockgriller

great looking snack stix. Glad I got some jerky to chew on or I would be hungry looking at that.

OU812

Started with 8 lb deer 1 lb pork butt and 1 lb pork fat that I get from when I trim a loin. Finished out at just over 6 lb and I packaged in 1 lb bags she got
6 lb and I got 6 sticks. Oh well it was here deer and the big smile on those rosy red cheeks was all worth it.

westexasmoker

Westex snack sticks.....are mine in the mail?  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

OU812

Quote from: westexasmoker on December 16, 2009, 04:50:44 PM
Westex snack sticks.....are mine in the mail?  ;D

C

Right after you mail me some of that killer looking glazed ham you got there.  :D

Tenpoint5

You are on a roll there OU. Making the kids happy that's what its all about.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

smokeitall

I can't wait for the day my kids come and ask me to make something for them out of their deer.  Thats great Curt.
SIA

NePaSmoKer

OU

Another nice batch of sticks. And the best part is when the kids give ya a hug. Nothing better.

nepas

OU812

Anything for the kids, well, almost anything. Sure makes you feel good though.