BS with Cajun Injector

Started by Valkyrie, March 17, 2005, 01:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valkyrie

As you know, I will soon buy a SS BS. I own a big Ducane 1605 grill. I've a lot of experience in grilling year round, and I do a lot of big pieces of meat. Like 20lbs ham, 5-7 lbs pork shoulder, big poultry etc. Every time I grill that kind of stuff, I use the Cajun Injector to inject liquids in the meat. Liquids like apple juice, apple cider vinegar, orange juice, all added with different spices.
My question is: is there anyone who tried it with the BS?
If no, do you suggest that I can do so?
Thank you!

Valkyrie

MallardWacker

Val,

Welcome.

I did it a couple weeks ago.  Here is the link to it.  There is another discusion about pictures but the front end of it is about the Cajun Injector.
http://bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1368

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

BigSmoker

I usually inject Boston butts and briskets with juice and vinegar along with some disolved rub.  I use a 10% solution compared to the weight of the food product.  Happy Smokin'.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

JJC

Hi Val,

Welcome to the Forum.  Like MW and Jeff, i have used a Cajun Injector (or similar) on chicken, turkey, and Boston Butts before putting them in the BS.  Works great [:p]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

AKBob

Hello Valkyrie

I inject my larger peices of meat like chicken, turkey and Prime Rib.
I like to try different combinations of apple sider, orange juice and some marinades, then add some spices to mix it up. It all turns out pretty good.

AKBob

whitetailfan

Just tried my first injection food a couple nights ago.
Mrs Whitetail did chicken on a beer can in the BS.  We had used the gas grill before, but the BS did an awesome job.  Rubbed with wild willy #1derful and injected with a willy/beer solution.  Quite tasty[:p]

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.